The Midnight Blues Band - Club Groove, Thursday May 15th

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Re: The Midnight Blues Band - Club Groove, Thursday May 15th

Post by Bg »

hey thanks to all that made it along on Thurs, I wish I had more time to talk to people at gigs - it's annoying when you only have such little time and so many songs to play ;) We trialled a new '2 big sets' format that didn't work for me as I ended up with a very full bladder 3 songs from the end of each set ;) Going back to 3 sets in future :lol:

Thanks to Adam Strayfalcon for standing in for the gig, rest assured that DC will be back for the next gig so other than the rythym section change, nothing is different - apart from the name and style of music, we're now going to play Irish versions of the blues and call ourselves the "Darcy O'Perry Irish Blues Band", so we are............ NOT ;)

and as for 100 watt amps - SF had a 50 watt JCM800 and mine was the fuzZie Bro JTM45 clone, sitting at 40 watts - both really underpowered :P
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Van did that Irish Blues thing so well, I can't see us going down that road. Even with a brown eyed girl.
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

it's a toss up between "Darcy O'Perry" or "Rory O'Gallagher" singing "Heavy O'Rain" so it is.... ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

JD
Gibson

Post by JD »

Lol, well whatever it ends up being, next time I get that far North I'll come by for a listen.
Country blues and acoustic lover.

bluesbass
Gibson

Post by bluesbass »

bluesgeek wrote:and we have the Strayfalcon himself on guitar
Is that the same Strayfalcon that plays in THE JUKES? :shock:
The opinions expressed in the post above may differ from the opinions expressed by other people with different opinions.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

thankfullly he stepped into the breach at the very last moment due to DC having appendicitus :) You know any one of us would do the same thing if there was a gig to be played - thats the idea behind the "Auckland Blues Explosion"... its a group of people promoting the blues, and getting the message to as many people as possible - we're all on the same side, which is why we all support each others gigs, and try and get to as many as possible :D

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

JD wrote:Lol, well whatever it ends up being, next time I get that far North I'll come by for a listen.
The band I front will always be the "Midnight Blues Band" whatever curse befalls any of us ;)

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

After Midnight Blues Band?
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

dc
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by dc »

DarcyPerry wrote:After Midnight Blues Band?
We'll let it all hang out :D