Here come Matchbox 20

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

Crazy Horse
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Crazy Horse »

foal30 wrote:good to see some laughing
as opposed to being too serious

as far as lame I like 4 cuts of the new Prince album and I still listen to Journey's "don't stop believing" so I can't cast stones...
Ok Prince is not and has never been lame. Prince is awesome.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Yeah!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

I must be evil then because I like both Matchbox 20 and Nickleback - please don't tell me they work to a formula (rather than meander nonsensically across the soundscape)! Damn them...

"Don't Stop Believing" really??? how about "Keep on Loving You" and other REO gems :lol:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

TBB Flamey
Gibson

Post by TBB Flamey »

Cos we all just wanna be big rock stars, live in hilltop mansions drivin fifteen cars. The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap, we all stay skinny cos we just don't eat

Heyee hey I wanna be a rockstar

I hate the rock :(
Live love leave eat sandwiches

DeVulf
Stagg
Stagg

Post by DeVulf »

I used to have loads of Matchbox model cars when I was a kid, don't know anything about Matchbox20 tho. :)
Last edited by DeVulf on Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy........Tom Waits

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

Crazy Horse wrote:
foal30 wrote:good to see some laughing
as opposed to being too serious

as far as lame I like 4 cuts of the new Prince album and I still listen to Journey's "don't stop believing" so I can't cast stones...
Ok Prince is not and has never been lame. Prince is awesome.
Rent a DVD of Under the Cherry Moon and attempt to repeat that statement...

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

look I am the biggest Prince fan-boy since Michael Jackson but I can still say he has been lame.

Under the cherry moon is a good example and so too is "Rave" , "NPS" the whole slave on the face gig, miming the vox to his wife's birthday gig, and in some of his dealings with fellow musicians.

Yeah, he is probably the most talented musician we will ever get to hear but talent sometimes is not taste.

I have 43 Prince Albums (incl boots), numerous cross-overs, shit I even named my first son in honor of him. The cat is the motherfucker and through him I got to hear James Brown, Sly Stone, a whole world of vital and life shaping music.

In fact to go complete over the top I would recommend "Sign O' the Times" as the greatest record ever made. There is more on the first side of that album than whole back catalogs of virtually artist you might care to name.

as for Reo Speedwagon!
next someone will mention Foreigner...

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

foal30 wrote:look I am the biggest Prince fan-boy since Michael Jackson but I can still say he has been lame.

Under the cherry moon is a good example and so too is "Rave" , "NPS" the whole slave on the face gig, miming the vox to his wife's birthday gig, and in some of his dealings with fellow musicians.

Yeah, he is probably the most talented musician we will ever get to hear but talent sometimes is not taste.

I have 43 Prince Albums (incl boots), numerous cross-overs, shit I even named my first son in honor of him. The cat is the motherfucker and through him I got to hear James Brown, Sly Stone, a whole world of vital and life shaping music.

In fact to go complete over the top I would recommend "Sign O' the Times" as the greatest record ever made. There is more on the first side of that album than whole back catalogs of virtually artist you might care to name.

as for Reo Speedwagon!
next someone will mention Foreigner...
Some reviewer commented "You know something's gone wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex and Morissey has started"

raz
Hagstrom

Post by raz »

Foreigner :)

Actually I really liked the first album. Mind you I think I was 15 at the time. Kevin Smith (RIP, him who played Ares in Xena and Hercules) and I formed the Timaru Foreigner Appreciation society.

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

yep. I'd kill to have lou gramm's pipes...
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

rocklander wrote:yep. I'd kill to have lou gramm's pipes...
Compare him to all the clowns who get processed, pro-tooled and pitch corrected today, Gramm would pretty much sing into a mic and that was the sound right there.

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

his ad's for Shure microphones probably scarred me as much as the lyrical content to Rendezvous.

Journey Album artwork is irredeemably bad too. It's like sci-fi, but the wrong type.

I'd pay good money to see Morrissey and Prince.
"The Queen is Funky"
"Cemetery Stripper"
"Big ASS strikes again"
"Mercedes and I"
"Horny Fox"
"Do me Cilla"
"Hat full of Horns"

the mind boggles.