Gary Harvey Album Release w/His Masters Voice Sat 19 @ KA/AK

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Capt. Black »

http://www.facebook.com/events/15189925 ... r=upcoming

Guys this is a bit of a special one for me and i'd love to see a few of you there if you can make it.

It is the release party for the Gary Harvey Band' s new album Ghost Dance.
Also featured on the bill is the band I sort of manage/produce, His Masters Voice and guest opening set from Fat Max and Dave "Honey Boy" Morris

This is the first full album that I have put my name to as Producer. Unless people are lying to me, it has come out pretty well. I'm rather proud of it, if I say so myself. :)

I started recording and mixing this 3-5 years ago ( the exact time is under debate) It has been a long and sometimes painful process because I didn't want to do just another rock-blues hack record. I put a lot of time into creating a different and sometimes surprising feel to each track. I think we managed to give the songs real character.

There's some blistering guitar work and no shortage of twisted psychedelic influences. There's some nice touches on various tracks such as gospel singers and a guest spot from genuine US female vocalist Erica Lee.
Plus some cameo appearances on guitar from Az Burns, lead guitarist form His Masters Voice, myself contributing some guitar weirdness here and there and a chanted "HEY!" on one song by our very own BG.

The gig costs $15 on the door or $20 with a CD copy of the album.

I'll be on stage for 4 or 5 songs off the record and there's even good looking backing singers, for those of you who like to see women on stage who aren't trying to get your tip money.

Get along this Saturday night. :)

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Gary Harvey Album Release w/His Masters Voice Sat 19 @ K

Post by Capt. Black »

Bump. Becos I luff yoo

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1019 times
Been liked: 2500 times

Post by Slowy »

Listening to this album now for the first time. I can just tell by the 4th spin, I will have some new favourite songs. It's a fine effort Cappy! :clap: :clap:

And as part of the NZG family, it's cool to read the album notes and see Captain Black, BG, Benderissimo and DC all credited.

Actually, it's only going to take 3 spins. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Capt. Black »

Hahaaaaa Cheers Slowy! It was great to see you. Wish I wasn't so busy on the night and had more drinks with you.

I should have added Lawrence to the thank-yous on the cover too. He and Bendy were subtly influential in that whenever we talked about studio stuff, they'd quietly frown... That was my cue to rethink what I thought I knew and figure out how to do the job better. :D
BG contributed a "Hey" to the chorus of the second to last track and DC let me steal his lovely acoustics to play some faux slide guitar on one track.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2268 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Yeah I should be getting royalties then :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Capt. Black »

Or at least a knighthood.

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai
Been liked: 1 time

Post by fuzziebro »

Love to purchase a CD I'll send you a PM Capt.