Tommy Emmanuel ticket offer ...

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Tommy Emmanuel ticket offer ...

Post by NZRS-Dave »

... for Auck / Well / Hamilton - get two for one tickets through the link below.

Dates of the shows are ...

Hamilton – Wednesday 19th August

Auckland – Thursday 20th August

Wellington – Friday 21th August

http://www.rockshop.co.nz/news/rockshop ... ket-offer/
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: Tommy Emmanuel ticket offer ...

Post by KentNZ »

Oooo. Good deal.
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2492 times

Post by Slowy »

CRAP!!!!!!!! Parent teacher evening. :x

FukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFukFuk

Bugger.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

I'm aiming to see Hellyeah on the 21th of August.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

So yeah I went to get two tickets for $50, and it was quite happy to charge $100. Is this correct? Keen as a bean though...
Loving it so far

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

Gah! Wish it wasn't on a weekday! I've seen him a couple of times. Well worth it both times.

vintage52
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 375 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by vintage52 »

Thanks to the Rockshop!

Awesome night in Wellington......simply awesome!!
Wellington

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

slowfingers wrote:CRAP!!!!!!!! Parent teacher evening. :x

Fuk ... Fuk

Bugger.
Aaaa, f'k it. Just phone them. The ones you need to see never come anyway.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote:
slowfingers wrote:CRAP!!!!!!!! Parent teacher evening. :x

Fuk ... Fuk

Bugger.
Aaaa, f'k it. Just phone them. The ones you need to see never come anyway.
Actually, it was very enlightening.
Physics: Completely out of his depth and in awe of my son's ability to knock off a 100% test result with no preparation. (Worrying)
Maths: Totally relaxed about the externals, "Leo will do just fine" (Also worrying)
English: Possibly the most inspired and talented teacher I've ever met. He's responding well to her expectations in a subject he finds difficult. (That's more like it) :P
Chemistry: Knows her students and has specific advice for each on what to focus on. I'd listen to her all day because she's the perfect combination of all the things that make French women wonderful. :lol:

And she made me forget I was missing Tommy.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

slowfingers wrote:.
Physics. I'd need to get to the bottom of that. Sounds like he's not being given work that's at all challenging or he got the answers through a mate. Was the assessment in exam conditions? You can only individualise a course so far (even though many parents expect a totally personalised lesson for every one of the twenty-eight kids in front of you) but there should at the very least be extension work.

Next time ask what level he's being taught at (Curriculum level - not NCEA level). Take along a copy of the National Curriculum and read the level statements for that subject. Compare it to what he's actually doing. I've done this with my daughter. I don't get palmed-off with a positive report (the easiest way to placate most parents). If I don't see evidence of the appropriate level in her work I want to know how that decision is being made.

Keep an eye on his homework diary. If it's not being filled you should ask why.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote:
It's all kosher. He's in the top 10% of the GAT class in all but one subject. All his credits are Excellence apart from 2 Merits and he's got every one on offer. He certainly breezes through Physics but he can back it all up with knowledge. He's motivated and it all looks too good to be true. I'm just holding my breath and hoping the impending Girl experience doesn't distract him too much.

What really bugs me is that his Mother's genes are obviously dominant, (PhD, head of a significant research project) I feel somewhat redundant. :eh:
:rofl:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

slowfingers wrote:
Molly wrote:

What really bugs me is that his Mother's genes are obviously dominant, (PhD, head of a significant research project) I feel somewhat redundant. :eh:
LOL. I tell my kids they get their brains from me and their looks from their mother. Poor buggers.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

I have a mate with a double masters in engineering. He only passed school cert English because he broke his arm and had to have a scribe.

vintage52
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 375 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by vintage52 »

slowfingers wrote:
I hearing "KEPT MAN" not redundant!

:D
Wellington

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

vintage52 wrote:
slowfingers wrote:
I hearing "KEPT MAN" not redundant!

:D
I'd be so lucky. I became surplus to requirements 10 years ago. Now she keeps an unemployed architect instead :lol: