Worst gig that you were invited to but didn't attend

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Re: Worst gig that you were invited to but didn't attend

Post by jeremyb »

Foo fighters are horrible, you made the right choice, no surprise that their bland fans were impressed by their bland music :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Post by Slowy »

Billy Graham's Gospel Roadshow.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 234 times

Post by Delayman »

werdna wrote:Once a woman asked me to go to see popular easy listening duo the Lighthouse Family, in London 1996. I made an excuse and didn't go. No doubt quite a boring gig. That particular two hours of my life were not wasted.I got to spend them watching tv and playing with myself.

What's the worst gig that you were invited to but didn't attend?
Do you mean playing guitar with yourself? two hours...
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

Danger Mouse wrote: The guy who invited me was pretty adamant it was (and still is, as far as I know) the best concert he's ever been to. I'd like to think people were full of shit but I've been told too many times by too many people just how good it was.
Yeah... To be honest it was pretty bloody epic. :-)

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

The Scarecrow wrote:A few years back, mates of mine tried to get me to watch the feelers around Xmas. I used to like them back in the late 90's, but quickly went off them after an altercation with the singer who drunkenly hit on my then-girlfriend in front of me at a bar my mate worked at around 2001 or so. He was of the mindset that my presence was only a minor obstacle his bedding my rather attractive lady at the time (effectively said words to this effect), and I would honestly say at the time, he was the biggest wanker I've ever met. Put me right off them.

A couple of my mates went to said gig, where there were about 10-20 people in attendance. Apparently it was very bad; watching these guys drone out half-assed versions of their hits with kind with all the enthusiasm of Michael Murphy being called up for his annual Xmas In the Park gig... you know it's a gig... but it's the gig you just shouldn't play.
pure gold.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Thats gold, said singer from the feelers got thrown out of a solo gig a while ago down here in chch for being too drunk to perform... munter.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

jeremyb wrote:Thats gold, said singer from the feelers got thrown out of a solo gig a while ago down here in chch for being too drunk to perform... munter.
There's actually a 'Petition to stop The Feelers' Facebook page...I suspect largely made up of former techs and tour mates...