The Curse of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland Public House. NOW WITH ADDED VIDEO!!1!

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

bender
Darth Fader
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Re: The Curse of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland Public House. NOW WITH ADDED VIDEO!!1!

Post by bender »

AiRdAd wrote:Sounded great!

When you're playing in a band like this, do you have to be super careful of staying in time with everyone else and not playing bum notes? With the amps so clean, and upfront in the mix, there would be know where to hide, would there?
Correct. Doesn't stop us from hitting bum notes though :lol:

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: The Curse of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland Public House, Kingsland Friday Oct 20th 9pm.

Post by Jay »

bender wrote:Here's a clip from Friday night, complete with astounding dance moves!
That is very cool indeed! Would have been even better if the skull had also participated in those synchronised head moves.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Re: The Curse of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland Public House, Kingsland Friday Oct 20th 9pm.

Post by Slowy »

bender wrote:Here's a clip from Friday night, complete with astounding dance moves!
There was a couple of songs, just after this I think, that were jaw dropping. Wish I'd video'd them. Ben, do you know the ones I mean? At the end of one, you and the Drummer were looking pretty pleased with each other.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Slowy wrote:
There was a couple of songs, just after this I think, that were jaw dropping. Wish I'd video'd them. Ben, do you know the ones I mean? At the end of one, you and the Drummer were looking pretty pleased with each other.
We followed that up with one called 'Endless Dream' which is slower and swampier and with a rather heavy fuzzed out bit (thanks to my Silverpistol Orion Fuzz), then a medley of Cure songs, then an original called 'Piha Pipeline'.

We had a group high five after a song called 'Rescue at Mavericks' (5 or 6 songs later). The ending is tricky as fuck and we landed it better than we ever have. That could have been it. It's a really cool tune.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1294 times

Re: The Curse of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland Public House, Kingsland Friday Oct 20th 9pm

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Slowy wrote:
BKS2.jpeg
Hot Damn these guys are good! Had to leave after the second set; if they got any better, I'd have to quit playing.
The offset and oddball guitar collection sounded surf perfect and respect to your drummer; he's a monster!

As I left, Strummers was being mobbed by a swarm of cuties. Good to see you taking one for the Team, mate!
It's a tough job, but someone has to do it...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: The Curse of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland Public House, Kingsland Friday Oct 20th 9pm

Post by Slowy »

StrummersOfThunder wrote:
Slowy wrote:
BKS2.jpeg
As I left, Strummers was being mobbed by a swarm of cuties. Good to see you taking one for the Team, mate!
Just glad you survived. It looked a close run thing. There was so many of them!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Slowy wrote:
Slowy wrote:
BKS2.jpeg
I know !!? I have minor bruising. We even had a bra strapped around the mic stand for a while there....
Great to see you there btw, and thanks for the support.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Slowy wrote:
I know !!? I have minor bruising. We even had a bra strapped around the mic stand for a while there....
Best night out I've had in ages!

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

:evil:
Slowy wrote:
Slowy wrote: Just glad you survived. It looked a close run thing. There was so many of them!
Best night out I've had in ages!
Me too ;)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

bender wrote:
We followed that up with one called 'Endless Dream' which is slower and swampier and with a rather heavy fuzzed out bit (thanks to my Silverpistol Orion Fuzz), then a medley of Cure songs, then an original called 'Piha Pipeline'.

We had a group high five after a song called 'Rescue at Mavericks' (5 or 6 songs later). The ending is tricky as fuck and we landed it better than we ever have. That could have been it. It's a really cool tune.
Rescue at Mavericks that's the one. It was worth the drive all by itself.
'Endless Dream' I recorded a bit of. The number immediately after that ignited the audience and each song got better than the last until inevitably, all those pretty girls lost control and mobbed Strummers. :D