Roger Waters. Us and Them

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Roger Waters. Us and Them

Post by Slowy »

Been thinking about the name; I suspect that the different sections of the audience were shown different things

Where I was sitting, I could look at an acoustic guitar on stage and pick it out of the mix. The sound was as HiFi as any great home system.
20180124_220715.jpg
20180124_223557.jpg
Capture.PNG
20180124_215327.jpg
20180124_220143.jpg
20180124_200132.jpg
20180124_222454.jpg
20180124_223435.jpg
20180124_223638~2.jpg
Attachments
20180124_223801.jpg
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Roger Waters. Us and Them

Post by Bg »

It really was rather splendid. We we're sat adjacent to the sound desk, it was great!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Yep, the sound was really excellent--a first for me in that venue!

The prism and the Battersea power station were just genius.

I've seen Dave Killminster twice now in the last couple of years. He is impressive (much more so with Steven Wilson)

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

They nailed the sound for 'the wall' too :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote:It really was rather splendid. We we're sat adjacent to the sound desk, it was great!
So what could you see of the stuff overhead?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

The pig and the dark moon were both drones. There was a point where the pyramid was pouring out rainbows and the moon drifted across my view, eclipsing the stage.
I confess I had a little moment.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

could see the power station pretty well, we were about the middle of the row on the right hand side. The drones went right over us :D

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Slowy wrote:The pig and the dark moon were both drones. There was a point where the pyramid was pouring out rainbows and the moon drifted across my view, eclipsing the stage.
Acid flashback?
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Conway wrote:
Slowy wrote:The pig and the dark moon were both drones. There was a point where the pyramid was pouring out rainbows and the moon drifted across my view, eclipsing the stage.
Acid flashback?
Better. Much, much better.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

Wow I so wanted to go to this! Looks amazing! I would always choose a Waters show over a Gilmour (floyd) show

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

It was such a great show. I feel a bit sorry for Dunedin though- the stadium beams didn't have the strength for the 'power station' screens and the roof was clear so the first half was like a daytime gig :roll:

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Better than no gig at all (Wellington)
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by matman »

A friend had a couple of extra tickets to the first Auckland show and offered them to me a couple of days before at a very discounted price. I took my 13 year old boy for his first ever concert. Production and sound were amazing. Dave Kilminster’s tone was glorious!
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

matman wrote:A friend had a couple of extra tickets to the first Auckland show and offered them to me a couple of days before at a very discounted price. I took my 13 year old boy for his first ever concert. Production and sound were amazing. Dave Kilminster’s tone was glorious!
First major gig for my son too. Special times!

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

I was amazed at the number of young people there. Many of them didn't appear to be just tagging along with their parents either. It would be really interesting to find out how they discovered the music. I wonder whether, in some cases, it was Roger's politics that attracted them.