Deluxe Edition at the Top Pub (Greytown, Wairarapa)

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

hercules
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 255 times

Deluxe Edition at the Top Pub (Greytown, Wairarapa)

Post by hercules »

DXE at the Top Pub.png
DXE at the Top Pub.png (2.97 MiB) Viewed 5383 times
Alright you rural sods, we're finally playing again! Pub covers featuring Gibson, Mesa, Gretsch, Reverend, Supro and Fender. Plus some songs.

For a bit of extra saucy background, the Top Pub has been in a years-long, protracted battle with a single serial complainer who has managed to force their license renewal application to a hearing (which I attended). This gig is about Christmas in July, but it's also about supporting small venues against the growing tide of batshit crazy people with time and money on their hands.

So, Wellingtonians - make a weekend of it and come to our little 160-year-old pub and shake the walls! Respectfully.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 222 times

Re: Deluxe Edition at the Top Pub (Greytown, Wairarapa)

Post by IMOCD »

hercules wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:51 pm DXE at the Top Pub.png

Alright you rural sods, we're finally playing again! Pub covers featuring Gibson, Mesa, Gretsch, Reverend, Supro and Fender. Plus some songs.

For a bit of extra saucy background, the Top Pub has been in a years-long, protracted battle with a single serial complainer who has managed to force their license renewal application to a hearing (which I attended). This gig is about Christmas in July, but it's also about supporting small venues against the growing tide of batshit crazy people with time and money on their hands.

So, Wellingtonians - make a weekend of it and come to our little 160-year-old pub and shake the walls! Respectfully.
Good on you for the fight! We used to have a seriously good live music venue in my town; until an apartment complex got built across the road...fekkin whingers!

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Only 2mins down the road from me, I have heard about the noise complaint debacle too.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

hercules
Squier
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by hercules »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:17 pm Only 2mins down the road from me, I have heard about the noise complaint debacle too.
Don't even get me started! It's a travesty, and the hearing was an absolute sham - though hopefully commonsense prevails.

Hopefully you make it - come and say hello if you do.