Live & Incubus

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 93 times

Live & Incubus

Post by Kloppsta »

Hey team, anyone get along to see Live & Incubus at Trusts Arena in AKL last night?

If you did, what did you think? my wife & i took our boys (10 /8) along. They love Incubus and it was their first concert. :)
Little by little, by hook or by crook

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 412 times

Re: Live & Incubus

Post by dayl »

Nice one how was it? Did the kids dig it?

A friend went, haven't heard back yet. I was keen but getting out to events doesn't seem to eventuate as much as I'd like at present.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 935 times

Post by Reg18 »

I went in CHCH, it was a good night out!
I was impressed with the subtle but tight playing of the Live lead player, his tone was great too! Could have been the venue but the Incubus guitarists tone was piecing at times and I didn’t love it, great sets from both though. Live was better than I anticipated, lots of energy, undoubtedly helped by the young energetic session? Musicians. Most of which didn’t look to be have been born when Live released there first album. Couple of short videos from CHCH below.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5QcPjIS ... JxdHN1eg==

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

I was keen to go but had other plans that night.

Probably just as well as my other half would 100% leave me for Brandon Boyd.

Might be talking in hyperbole though... let's just say 99% to be fair. :lol:

(Though having seen play here in the early 00's, I kind of get it - dude must just swim in hot ass looking like how he does)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 412 times

Post by dayl »

Swimming in hot ass sounds kinda stinky

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Kloppsta »

yeah, kids had a blast but sadly Incubus didnt play their 3 favorite songs (Our Love, State of the art, No Fun) which are all newer tracks. They stuck to Make Yourself and Morning view and 1 or 2 Crow left of the murder and Science tracks. Weirdly they also did 3 covers?! Only a 1.5hr set, i would have thought they would jam it full of their own tunes.

totally agree, the Live guitarists tone overall (Marshall DSL's?) was way better than Mike from Incubus. His tone was super treble city and kinda ear hurting. Overall sound at Trusts Arena was poor.

Most impressed with Ed from Live's vocals. Dude is still hitting all the notes and sounded super solid. Brandon wasnt bad at all, but definitely cant quite hit all the notes from earlier years.

Overall an enjoyable night, but damn man......after parking, food, drinks & tickets.....family of 4 $1k into a gig. So expensive these days
Little by little, by hook or by crook

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 755 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by Miza »

I was at last night's show at Trusts Arena. Good gig, but not great. Sound was a bit muddy. And the queue for beer, forget about it.

Agree with most comments, except I really dug Mike's tone, talk about cutting thru the mix! We're those Mesa Cali Tweeds? Sounded good to my aging ears anyway.
Incubus were so tight live. Really enjoyed the covers too, but agree they had more of their own material they could have done.

Ed's voice is great, but kinda felt a bit cheated knowing the rest of the band weren't OG. No chemistry on stage, and that drummer was way better than Live needed 🤣
Good mix of songs. I'd have loved to just hear Throwing Copper cover to cover.
Nothing to see here.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 1072 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

Miza wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:32 pm I was at last night's show at Trusts Arena. Good gig, but not great. Sound was a bit muddy. And the queue for beer, forget about it.

Agree with most comments, except I really dug Mike's tone, talk about cutting thru the mix! We're those Mesa Cali Tweeds? Sounded good to my aging ears anyway.
Incubus were so tight live. Really enjoyed the covers too, but agree they had more of their own material they could have done.

Ed's voice is great, but kinda felt a bit cheated knowing the rest of the band weren't OG. No chemistry on stage, and that drummer was way better than Live needed 🤣
Good mix of songs. I'd have loved to just hear Throwing Copper cover to cover.
Mike has used Mesa Tremoverbs for ever. He typically used 2 combos, each with their own 2x12 cab underneath. If he had the amp that said Veritas on the front, that's one of the TOVs.

diomaniac
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by diomaniac »

I went to the LIVE gig at the north shore event centre I think back in 2001. That was incredible and I can still very well remember that gig. My friend who I went with back in the days, went with his wife last night and to his surprise no one was jumping. Guess the same crowd back then are too old now haha. The reason I didn't go cause the singer what's left from the original lineup while the rest are session musicians. Glad your kids loved and enjoyed the experience.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Miza »

diomaniac wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:37 pm I went to the LIVE gig at the north shore event centre I think back in 2001. That was incredible and I can still very well remember that gig. My friend who I went with back in the days, went with his wife last night and to his surprise no one was jumping. Guess the same crowd back then are too old now haha. The reason I didn't go cause the singer what's left from the original lineup while the rest are session musicians. Glad your kids loved and enjoyed the experience.
I was at that gig too! They were touring the V album. With Stabbing Westward in support. Great gig!
Nothing to see here.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 740 times
Been liked: 512 times

Post by Zaulkin »

When people ask what my favourite band is I say Live, at least up until V. Always wanted to see them but never thought I would. I had 2 tickets for the show but suddenly came down with the worst food poisoning I've ever had. No idea what caused it. Still feeling shite.

I was able to give away one ticket in time. Cash was burnt that evening. Not too happy. :mental:

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Miza »

Zaulkin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:50 am When people ask what my favourite band is I say Live, at least up until V. Always wanted to see them but never thought I would. I had 2 tickets for the show but suddenly came down with the worst food poisoning I've ever had. No idea what caused it. Still feeling shite.

I was able to give away one ticket in time. Cash was burnt that evening. Not too happy. :mental:
That sucks dude! Sorry to hear it. :(
Nothing to see here.

diomaniac
Stagg
Stagg

Post by diomaniac »

Miza wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:57 am
diomaniac wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:37 pm I went to the LIVE gig at the north shore event centre I think back in 2001. That was incredible and I can still very well remember that gig. My friend who I went with back in the days, went with his wife last night and to his surprise no one was jumping. Guess the same crowd back then are too old now haha. The reason I didn't go cause the singer what's left from the original lineup while the rest are session musicians. Glad your kids loved and enjoyed the experience.
I was at that gig too! They were touring the V album. With Stabbing Westward in support. Great gig!
A great gig to remember.. Also saw Tool in that same venue few months after.. Wicked times for music

diomaniac
Stagg
Stagg

Post by diomaniac »

Zaulkin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:50 am When people ask what my favourite band is I say Live, at least up until V. Always wanted to see them but never thought I would. I had 2 tickets for the show but suddenly came down with the worst food poisoning I've ever had. No idea what caused it. Still feeling shite.

Hope you feel better mate... sounds like pretty nasty stuff you ate

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 740 times
Been liked: 512 times

Post by Zaulkin »

diomaniac wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:05 am

Hope you feel better mate... sounds like pretty nasty stuff you ate
Cheers dude. Can't put my finger on what it would have been! Ah well.