New Pearl upcoming Gigs

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

AndyS
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by AndyS »

Capt. Black wrote:
raz wrote:If you did a rock star thing and changed gats for every song for say 10 songs then got the roadies to flog em off on ebay or to Hard Rock Cafe inc - that's a cool $270k in the back pocket.
At that rate they could flog them off at the gate after the show.

"Hey honey I got you a program and a T-shirt. They didn't have any left in my size so I settled for one of his guitars instead."

:twisted:
But if he sold all his guitars the value of each would drop markedly.

My previous post - I wrote that several hours before it said it was posted. I wonder why the delay?

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

and that means you Rog! Before you start...
Cut to the quick, I am:

And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed, just to get it all out, what's in my head
And I, I am feeling, a little peculiar
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

raz
Hagstrom

Post by raz »

AndyS wrote: But if he sold all his guitars the value of each would drop markedly.

My previous post - I wrote that several hours before it said it was posted. I wonder why the delay?
He's already done it :)

But yes you raise a valid point, and one that needs to be factored into the equation.

I was thinking you could make a formula on celebritywowrarecollectibleness of a celebrity owned gat - sort of like:

If we use a scale of 1 to 100 as a multiplier scale for the value factor that it is multiplied by after the said Eric/Steve/Richard/Keith plays it. Let's call it a Jimi and assume say Jimi has a ranking of 100.

Then we'd have to factor in the health of the artist - from vibrantly alive to dead say 1 to 0. We'd have to call that a Keith. Obviously if somebody is nigh unto the point of death and scoring 0.1 Keiths then the likelihood of there being no more celebrity gats from this person becomes high and the wowrarecoleectibility factor becomes higher. We'd also have to have a factor indicating the silliness of youth that encourages one to do things that result in potential spontaneous demise. Call that Y, for both Youth and the chromosome.

So:

Assuming
CelebrityWowRareCollictible factor = CWRC
Initial Value =v

we have

CWRC = v * (J - (K * 10 - Y))/100

Simple really

AndyS
Ashton
Ashton

Post by AndyS »

Tis simple, and true.
SELLING - Schecter C1 Classic
Bose outdoor speakers
10" Kicker square subwoofer
6' Ethan round outdoor table + 5 pews
4x sunloungers (perfect going into winter!)

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Don't forget to add in the 'colonials' factor - ie the Yanks. This is O for OTT * T for too much money * J for keeping up with the Jones'. Thus the multiplier is OTJ, which is normally a W factor.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...