jeff wayne's war of the worlds - the musical

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

jeff wayne's war of the worlds - the musical

Post by rocklander »

I know, I know 'musical' conjures up images of ex-nuns singing about her favourite things in the Austrian hills, but WOTW was a fav album of my youth and I still find it hauntingly great.

tv3 suggests september this year, and I think I'll make the trip up for this one...
Last edited by rocklander on Fri May 11, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

we'll arrange a gearfest in honour???

who's jeff waybe? :P
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Great film and it was good to see Tom Cruise having a stab at Justin Haywards part....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

heh heh - thanks for the [F7] BG.. I need one added to my fingers!!!
would be great to attend a gearfest, but I fear I'd be a more than happy listener, not so keen to play as I'm strictly an emulator, and that's in vocals. adequate guitarist at best and not an original bone in my body for jamming, but I'll put on my bib and drool over all your guys gear and ability (may even wipe the drool off the gear after) ;-)

as for cruise? hmm he never actually impressed me in - well anything he ever did to be honest. as far as 'pretty boy' actors go, I'd rather see a johnny depp or brad pitt movie anyday. that said, I'd even rather see a jana cova movie more heh...
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Could be a good stage show, but that CGI Richard Burton head is a bit creepy.

I loved the Tom Cruise movie. Great effects and sound too, shame about the sappy Spielberg ending but.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

oh tell me spielberg didn't fubar the ending???? its coming on sky now....

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

that huge alien landing on stage looks awesome tho - agreed@ both the creepy head (and shyte lip syncing on it) and @ the sappy ending on WOTW. far too americanised...
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

machina
Tokai
Tokai

Post by machina »

You know, I don't mind Cruise as an actor. I think we all need to experience his own brand of cheesy charm every now and then. Sometimes he even does a decent job. What I don't care for is his (or any celebrity's) personal life. It's none of our business what they do off the screen and if the likes of woman day etc were honest with themselves they'd realise that they wipe their arses the same as everyone else.

WOTW is awesome. In fact, im going to put it on right now, lie in the dark, and scare the shit out of myself.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jenesis »

bluesgeek wrote:oh tell me spielberg didn't fubar the ending???? its coming on sky now....
The ending doesn't ruin the flick, it's just a bit too... happy.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jenesis »

machina wrote:You know, I don't mind Cruise as an actor. I think we all need to experience his own brand of cheesy charm every now and then. Sometimes he even does a decent job. What I don't care for is his (or any celebrity's) personal life.
Agreed. I can see why a lot of people hate ol' Tom, but I don't have a problem with him at all. He's a bloody good actor when he chooses decent material - Jerry Maguire, Magnolia, Vanilla Sky etc - and to be honest I don't think I've ever hated one of his performances. It's all his ranting and raving offscreen that gets annoying and attracts most of the (deserved) flak he cops.

machina
Tokai
Tokai

Post by machina »

You know what get annoying in the movie? The kids. I wanted to throttle Dakota Fanning. The son wasn't much better either. Tom should've just given them the whack to keep them in line lol. I think they should have copped it in the end, then it would have been a better kind of happy ending :lol:

machina
Tokai
Tokai

Post by machina »

And who can forget TOP GUN ?

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jenesis »

I stand corrected. :D

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

really?? I put tom cruise in the same league as jean claude and denzel washington. the characters always have differnt names, but are the same - to me - like exactly the same. at least the likes of depp and pitt chose wildly differing roles. thinking jack sparrow to benny (&joon) to jump street to that headless horseman detective and secret window, and pitt's fight club to snatch to friends to spygame to the mexican to the devil's own... more variation (IMO) and all believable in their characters. and they can do accents (altho devil's own was DIRE northern ireland accent).
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

days of thunder was his saving grace... can't go past petrol head heaven and V8s - woohoo!
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass