jeff wayne's war of the worlds - the musical

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

machina
Tokai
Tokai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by machina »

Your 'point'? Hey, you said it pal, not us.

Don't most threads round this forum fail? Isn't that what makes them interesting?

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

machina wrote:laying a villiage to waste to the "Rising Force" album.
The perfect album to lay waste to villages with.

Widdla widdla widdla widdla wee widdla widdla widdla wee-ow - "Now your huts are burned... DIE PEASANT" - widdla widdla widdla wowwow wowwww!

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

heh heh - yup. couldn't agree more...

but (as loathed as I am to be sensible) I really am looking forward to seeing the WOTW stage show... anyone know who has/will have the tickets? google wasn't that helpful...
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Jenesis wrote:
rocklander wrote:really?? I put tom cruise in the same league as jean claude and denzel washington. the characters always have differnt names, but are the same - to me - like exactly the same. at least the likes of depp and pitt chose wildly differing roles. thinking jack sparrow to benny (&joon) to jump street to that headless horseman detective and secret window, and pitt's fight club to snatch to friends to spygame to the mexican to the devil's own... more variation (IMO) and all believable in their characters. and they can do accents (altho devil's own was DIRE northern ireland accent).
True, Pitt and Depp have far more range and are more daring in their choices. Cruise tends to stick with pretty standard roles for the most part and needs to branch out more. When he showed some balls and did that with Magnolia he got an Oscar nomination for it, but since then he's gone back to churning out popcorn blockbusters. :?
No the odd man out is tom cruise....

Jean Clod is at least honest....
Denzil is a very very good actor, shame he's been typecast for a couple of films
Brad Pitt, I reckon his role in 12 monkeys was much better than fight club, but as I love both films, I won't argue the point. And then there was Snatch..... another great....

Johnny Depp's greatest role was probably 'Chocolat', although he played a pikey, at least he played guitar as well ;) oh and he did a red nose day vicar of dibley....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

machina
Tokai
Tokai

Post by machina »

Jenesis wrote:
machina wrote:laying a villiage to waste to the "Rising Force" album.
The perfect album to lay waste to villages with.

Widdla widdla widdla widdla wee widdla widdla widdla wee-ow - "Now your huts are burned... DIE PEASANT" - widdla widdla widdla wowwow wowwww!
Haha.

@rock: Sorry dude, I only caught the anouncement briefly on the late news and didn't get any of the finer details. Hopefully it's not uber expensive.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jenesis »

BG wrote:Johnny Depp's greatest role was probably 'Chocolat', although he played a pikey, at least he played guitar as well
As well as Ralph Macchio did? ;)

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

haven't seen choclat, titanic or pearl harbour. not that desperate to get laid ;-) but yeah both pitt and depp get themselves great and varied roles and do them justice. I still always see denzel as a bloke who's 2nd in charge of a sub, no matter what I see him iin. I think that as far as african american acting role models go, I much prefer Laurence Fishburne (bad company was awesome) and Samuel Jackson leave him for dead (although deep blue sea was a bit of a dead fish *groan*)
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

Jenesis wrote:
BG wrote:Johnny Depp's greatest role was probably 'Chocolat', although he played a pikey, at least he played guitar as well
As well as Ralph Macchio did? ;)
now THAT is a class movie... must get the DVD...
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jenesis »

rocklander wrote:Laurence Fishburne
Can't stand that guy anymore. He was great early on (Boyz N The Hood, Apocalypse Now, Deep Cover), but then his head started to swell and changed his name from the uncouth "Larry". Since then he's been a pompous, pretentious douche.

Sam J is always cool though I get the feeling he's also started posturing a bit too much in recent years.

machina
Tokai
Tokai

Post by machina »

Almost related: Has anybody else noticed that Morgan Freeman always seems to play the role of the superior in his movies? ie God in Bruce Almighty; the older more experienced detective in Seven; WOTW (narrator); The Sum Of All Fears; Outbreak; Deep Impact; Batman Begins etc etc.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

rocklander wrote:haven't seen choclat, titanic or pearl harbour. not that desperate to get laid ;-) but yeah both pitt and depp get themselves great and varied roles and do them justice. I still always see denzel as a bloke who's 2nd in charge of a sub, no matter what I see him iin. I think that as far as african american acting role models go, I much prefer Laurence Fishburne (bad company was awesome) and Samuel Jackson leave him for dead (although deep blue sea was a bit of a dead fish *groan*)
there goes his brilliant role in 'Much ado about nothing' then..... and the pasty white 'neo' himself.....

johnny depp is a very accomplished guitarist, ralph macchio was just a terrible actor, in a dreadful film....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

@machina - fair call - shawshank being the exception. and let's face it, in prince of thieves anyone is superior to costner :roll:

@Jenesis - I can see where ur coming from, but I still prefer Laurence to Denzel. At least Kaurence started out okay and then got full of himself... :-)
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

bluesgeek wrote: ralph macchio was just a terrible actor

come on "wax on, wax off" who else could pull that off? :lol:
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jenesis »

Ron Jeremy?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

rocklander wrote:
bluesgeek wrote: ralph macchio was just a terrible actor

come on "wax on, wax off" who else could pull that off? :lol:
Mr. Miyagi (Pat Morita) ? with a whole lot more style/class/elegance