Big Day Out 2008 ???? Are You In ?

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Re: Big Day Out 2008 ???? Are You In ?

Post by Capt. Black »

zdali wrote: I meant that they sounded a bit loose on Che's songs. There's something about the beat going and the drummer sitting still...
Haha, yeah fair enough. ;0
Yea we did see the peace sign :-) Could've given us a lift in :P
I was outvoted 3 to 1 against stopping in the middle of the intersection. :lol:

philipnz
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by philipnz »

I had a great day. You guys pretty much summed up the bands. I'd give a mention to White Birds and Lemons on early at the converse. They were awesome, fantastic songs.

Yeah, the lineup looked a little weak but once you're there it doesn't matter. The reaction to Shihad and Rage was the wildest i've ever seen at any BDO.

I get pissed off with those wankers that tried to crash the D even though i was clear for an hour before that the chances of getting in were nil but maybe i'm showing my age.

Can't wait till next year, no matter who's playing
Never put down to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

thehenderson wrote:I really don't like that vibe where people waiting for one band boo the other band playing, makes me really uncomfortable. It happened when the strokes played before metallica, the metallica fans were booing like crazy it was pretty rude because the strokes side of the arena was just as packed. I wonder if that happens every year or if it's just the kind of crowd that likes metallica and rage, maybe they draw the same sort of people, lots of aggressive males getting angry?

Anyway, sounds like some of the bands were excellent but I just can't deal with some of the bad vibes that keep cropping up there, people need to mellow out, music is meant to be fun!
As a rule, Metallica audiences aren't the most accepting crowds you'll come across.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Hot_Grits wrote: As a rule, Metallica audiences aren't the most accepting crowds you'll come across.

...or discerning... :lol:

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

Capt. Black wrote:
Hot_Grits wrote: As a rule, Metallica audiences aren't the most accepting crowds you'll come across.

...or discerning... :lol:
I dunno, they can get quite 'discerning' when it comes to Metallica changing what they do...
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 845 times
Been liked: 359 times

Post by jimi »

I thought it had a real nice vibe there this year, seemed to be a fairly mature crowd and no one was getting agro. Even when the Rage mosh started getting full on you'd see people stopping to check that other people around them were ok.

I spent most of the afternoon hanging around by the 2 stages in the field up top, just checking out stuff I hadn't seen before. Its always nice and chilled out there and you can sit on the grass in the sun and enjoy the show. Hilltop Hoods with their string quartet put on some good hip hop, and I enjoyed Billy Bragg's solo show as well.

Went down to catch the end of Pluto and then hung around the main stage to pass the time till rage. I didn't really 'get' Arcade Fire or Bjork, but both put on good shows. I didnt really notice the booing, and was actually suprised by the number of people dancing to Bjork and even singing along.

Shihad and Rage both put on an awesome show. Rage on their own were worth the ticket price for sure I was just on the outside of the D, but the moshing was pretty intense there, especially for the 1st few songs. I was expecting it to go absolutely wild for killing in the name, but I think by then everyone around me had realised that they're out of shape office workers and didnt have the energy to keep going.

Would have liked to see supergroove to top it all off, but was too knackered after rage and needed to go home for a shower and a cold beer.

Another excellent Big Day Out, but then I have never been to a bad one.

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

I had a fucking great time! Left after Dizzie Rascal though, way too fucking hot.

I was a total fucking noob though. Spent 15 mins getting into the boiler room, surrounded by douchebags, couldnt handle it, went back to our backstage area and relise I had an all access pass and could have just gone backstage, hahah fuck.