rock2wgtn

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Re: rock2wgtn

Post by hamo »

Phildo wrote: :shock: So, whoever is going has to be strip searched aswell as sitting through *insert rock2wgtn band you dont like here*? Suck!!! :? :lol:
I had a dream that I met Zakk Wylde and he told me that Poison had to pull out so Black Label Society were taking their slot. I was so excited until I woke up and realised. Funny thing was, that idea stuck with me for a couple of days.

While we're on the subject, anyone got a free ticket for the Kiss night? :lol:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

Phildo wrote:
Basket Case wrote:Hmm, it says on the tickets that no cameras or any recording devices will be permitted... dammit.
My Linkin Park tickets said that too... The amount of people there with camera's/camera phones/recording devices couldnt be counted, so ignore what the ticket says. :wink: Anyway, what are they gonna do, strip search everyone that walks through the doors making sure they dont have any cameras or recording devices? :lol:
I've been to concerts where you get frisked as you walk in. Im not sure if I want to risk having my camera taken off me.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Basket Case wrote:
Phildo wrote:
Basket Case wrote:Hmm, it says on the tickets that no cameras or any recording devices will be permitted... dammit.
My Linkin Park tickets said that too... The amount of people there with camera's/camera phones/recording devices couldnt be counted, so ignore what the ticket says. :wink: Anyway, what are they gonna do, strip search everyone that walks through the doors making sure they dont have any cameras or recording devices? :lol:
I've been to concerts where you get frisked as you walk in. Im not sure if I want to risk having my camera taken off me.
yeah I've been to many concerts like that, is it worth it for a couple of grainy shots of the mosh pit? and if you have a few beers, where did you put that camera?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

Exactamondo.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

I saw on TV yesterday that KISS are filming their gig and don't want any empty seats so the organisers are going to give away ALOT of tickets.....if your in wellington, hang out by the stadium and listen to local radio you may get lucky :wink:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Phildo
Resident Tyre Kicker

Post by Phildo »

Basket Case wrote:I've been to concerts where you get frisked as you walk in. Im not sure if I want to risk having my camera taken off me.
:shock: Ok well I was talking more about camera phones ect not big cameras... Oh well..
willow13 wrote:I saw on TV yesterday that KISS are filming their gig and don't want any empty seats so the organisers are going to give away ALOT of tickets.....if your in wellington, hang out by the stadium and listen to local radio you may get lucky :wink:
So theyr giving away the tickets they didnt sell to make it look like theyr more popular that they actually are? tut tut :roll:
I cannot brain today, I have the dumb.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

they reckon they have 4000 tickets left for each day...so 30,000 tickets sold each day is pretty good :wink:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

Phildo wrote:
Basket Case wrote:I've been to concerts where you get frisked as you walk in. Im not sure if I want to risk having my camera taken off me.
:shock: Ok well I was talking more about camera phones ect not big cameras... Oh well..
willow13 wrote:I saw on TV yesterday that KISS are filming their gig and don't want any empty seats so the organisers are going to give away ALOT of tickets.....if your in wellington, hang out by the stadium and listen to local radio you may get lucky :wink:
So theyr giving away the tickets they didnt sell to make it look like theyr more popular that they actually are? tut tut :roll:
Are you saying KISS aren't popular? wrong. The initial ticket prices are too high, that's what. People are keen to see KISS/OZZY etc... but can't justify the hefty ticket prices. The people getting free tickets will be just as keen to be there to see KISS as the ones paying full price.

JD
Gibson

Post by JD »

Ok well I was talking more about camera phones ect not big cameras... Oh well..
Just put the camera on a string around your neck and you can drink all you want and not lose it. I'll lend you my drill for the hole.
Country blues and acoustic lover.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

JD wrote:
Ok well I was talking more about camera phones ect not big cameras... Oh well..
Just put the camera on a string around your neck and you can drink all you want and not lose it. I'll lend you my drill for the hole.
I know Rocklander'd be happy to lend some nails and a hammer if drilling a hole worries you...
Tin arse!!

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

Man, last night kicked ass. Poison were surprisingly enjoyable, Whitesnake were stadium rock at its finest, and Ozzy (and Zakk of course) were the highlight. Ozzy might be slowing down a bit, but he sure knows how to work his crowd.

darkness
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by darkness »

Well I'm back from Welly.

It was epicness on top of epicness. I absolutely loved it. I have a fair few pics (the security didn't give a crap about cameras). Will be sorting through them and writing a review shortly.

I'm so glad I ended up getting tickets. it was worth every minute.
AFK.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

darkness wrote:Well I'm back from Welly.

It was epicness on top of epicness. I absolutely loved it. I have a fair few pics (the security didn't give a crap about cameras). Will be sorting through them and writing a review shortly.

I'm so glad I ended up getting tickets. it was worth every minute.
I'd love to see those pics. I bought into the "no cameras or recording devices" myth. Only got crappy phone video and pics.

DaNextSlash
Fender
Fender

Post by DaNextSlash »

Poison was entertaining and painful at the same time..CC was a good laugh

Whitesnake dominated for me. Best sound quality overall. Great playing and tone by both Beach and Aldrich. Both made Zakk look embarassingly bad (with all due respect to the man).

Ozzy was pretty avg...Zakk's solo was long and boring..Kinda gutted I bought a Ozzy shirt and not a Whitesnake one :|

However was pretty cool....made me wanna drop my Architecture course and get a band together...
Hmmm....Its niiiiiice
I like

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

Basket Case wrote: I've been to concerts where you get frisked as you walk in. Im not sure if I want to risk having my camera taken off me.
Got frisked at the Immortal show. Band like that should just be glad of the publicity if anyone's taking pics...
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."