My best gig ever

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

Clarky
Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times

My best gig ever

Post by Clarky »

Our wee boy, Ethan, is five months old, and for the past month absolutely refuses to go to sleep unless he's had a couple of good hours of crying and a lot of attention. You can imagine the state of Yummy-Mummy's nerves.

Tonight at the wee guy's bedtime I was playing on a beautiful Ovation 12-string that a customer of mine loaned me, and I took the guitar into his room and started playing. He stopped crying straight away and just stared at the guitar, and then started smiling and goo-ing. He must be a big fan of 80's hair bands, because a setlist that included Wanted Dead or Alive, Silent Lucidity, I Remember You & More Than Words had him beaming. After about half an hour his blinks started getting slower and slower (thanks Queensryche) until he was sound asleep - and he still is.

Best gig I've ever played, it really made 21 years of playing totally worthwhile - and I got a nice kiss from Mrs Clarky into the bargain.

Just thought I'd share. :oops:
Attachments
Guitar2sml.JPG
Guitar2sml.JPG (76.66 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
Konx om Pax

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Re: My best gig ever

Post by Jenesis »

Good stuff. The novelty might wear off if you have to do it every night though. :wink:

Clarky
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Clarky »

Jenesis wrote:Good stuff. The novelty might wear off if you have to do it every night though. :wink:
I need the practice. Having a baby in the house isn't exactly part of the recipe for rockin out on a regular basis... :lol:
Konx om Pax

AD.
Stagg
Stagg

Post by AD. »

That's some awesome stuff, music has the complete opposite effect on my 1 year old, she starts rockin out and jumpin up and down when ever she hears music, even with ads on tv 8) So I dont get the same privilege as you :wink: