Antagonist in Wellington and Napier this weekend

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Antagonist in Wellington and Napier this weekend

Post by xCaptainx »

Friday 16th @ Zeal, Wellington

Saturday 17th @ Ashers Hall, Napier

Both shows $10 with support from The Chase, These Cities Sunrise and Strangers.

http://www.myspace.com/alwaystheantagonist

will be playing some new songs from our upcoming cd (out 1st September) and will be my first shows with the RGA and Krank Rev+ Boozy is busting out his Caparison too. GAS central, hahahah.

stuu
PRS McCarty
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Antagonist in Wellington and Napier this weekend

Post by stuu »

not in welly or east coast, but pix of all the new gear pls.
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer

Timi
Gibson

Post by Timi »

xCaptainx wrote:Both shows $10 with support from The Chase, These Cities Sunrise and Strangers.
You aware that This City Sunrise are playing in Australia this weekend?

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

Timi wrote:
xCaptainx wrote:Both shows $10 with support from The Chase, These Cities Sunrise and Strangers.
You aware that This City Sunrise are playing in Australia this weekend?
got double bookings

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

hahahah shit they are too, my bad! I was told months ago they were playing. Good dudes, good band, stoked they are in auzzie!

Just got my RGA 121 Prestige as well, first few shows with that. Ahhhhhh so excited, hahah. Krank is being retubed with JJ's tonight. Should sound huge :D

stuu
PRS McCarty
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by stuu »

xCaptainx wrote:hahahah shit they are too, my bad! I was told months ago they were playing. Good dudes, good band, stoked they are in auzzie!

Just got my RGA 121 Prestige as well, first few shows with that. Ahhhhhh so excited, hahah. Krank is being retubed with JJ's tonight. Should sound huge :D

PICS, DAMMIT! :D
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

xCaptainx wrote:hahahah shit they are too, my bad! I was told months ago they were playing. Good dudes, good band, stoked they are in auzzie!

New tubes Already? Have you got the worlds' highest bias voltage going on in that thing or somethin? :lol:

I totally forgot the gig was on, tech got cancelled today so I assumed it was Saturday and I thought your gig was next weekend! argh! Next time I guess.

And +1 for some gear pics

lukanize
Stagg
Stagg

Post by lukanize »

Went to Zeal in Wellington tonight, never been there before, at 24 i felt a bit old.

With you guys last the wait was worth it though.
You guys definatly sounded the best and even better when the guitars were turned up but they should of been turned up more i reckon :D

The mix wasnt that great sometimes through out the night, the bass overpowering sometimes I thought.
Your bass player seemed ok though.

The Krank sounded pretty awesome when you were on. I think one of the other bands used it and it sounded a bit trebly.
Compared to the Krank the 5150 sounded kinda woofey i thought and didnt seem to have much precence.

Wasnt into the whole hardcore throwing your arms and legs around thing but I geuss if the music pumps you up enough to do that then good on ya, if one of them hit me in the face though i'd be effed off.