Moderator: Capt. Black

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Foo's

Post by TMG 03 »

Anybody go to the gig?

IT was pretty amazing. about as loud as it gets in terms of guitars. nothing like a wall of mesa's to get the ears bleeding.

Great concert!!!

darkness
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Foo's

Post by darkness »

I'm going tonight.

just sitting at work with a few beers in prep. Looking forward to it, reports from last night were quite good.
AFK.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

Glad it was good. So how were the seats?

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

The seats where great. nice and high up.
It was about thee best concert I have ever been to period. :D Nothing like 15000 westies singing every song. :P

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1377 times
Been liked: 2106 times

Post by GrantB »

One of my staff went - she said it was also the best thing she's seen...apparently they played the whole night, no opening band, just went hell for leather the whole night. So fecked off I didn't get my shyte together to go...
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Lemmings
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Lemmings »

Lol there were like 3 opening bands, but Im pretty sure most people missed all of them. I havent really listened to the Foos much recently (I was really just going because they were one of my big teenage bands) but it was a really epic night (Triangle Solo :twisted: ).

Much better than the last time they came. Dave is hilarious, but he completely raped his voice last night, I wouldn't be surprised if he had some trouble tonight.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

I didn't even know they were coming, let along playing more than once!

Guess I don't listen to MoreFM .... at all.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

darkness
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by darkness »

ash wrote:I didn't even know they were coming, let along playing more than once!

Guess I don't listen to MoreFM .... at all.
it was sponsored by the Rock :p

Wow last night was impressive.

caught the end of the first or second opening act. A petite chick that could play guitar like mad!She came on later and played the Ballad of the beaconsfield miners with Dave. Next act (Skyrunners or Sky murmurs) wasn't half bad. Really put in a lot of energy.

The Foo's. damn they played for a long time. started at about 8:40 and finished about 11:15. And it went off. Dave is a funny bastard, and being it was the last night of the tour put it all out there. It was one of the guitarists birthday, so they got him a male stripper on stage LOL. They played most if not all of their major hits. So there was a good range of old and new.

*edit* oh yeah the Triangle solo! how metal is that! and a really hot violin player :)

They had a second stage in the middle where they played an acoustic set for maybe 45 minutes. which was where i was standing.

They also said they were going to do 3 songs for an encore, but it ended up being 7 or 8.

All in all I've been to 3 Foo concerts. and they have never disappointed. Always a great show.
AFK.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

So the acoustics at Vector weren't as bad as many make out?

darkness
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by darkness »

Basket Case wrote:So the acoustics at Vector weren't as bad as many make out?
No not at all. I think it's a case of having to know the acoustics of the place. I was wearing musicians earplugs, but it still sounded good to me.
AFK.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 666 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

I wouldn't class Vector as 'good' acoustically, but it's far from the wall of mush the sound engineer for the Chilis would have you believe. Mind you, there's apparently been a fair bit of work done to improve the sound quality there.

I thought the concert was awesome! I'm actually really, really bored of the Foos music (only so many times they can record the same 2 songs) but Dave is a great frontman who obviously loves being one of the cool rockstars. It went on forever too, but felt like it was only a 1/2 hour set.

Didn't know there were support acts though, turned up a little after 8 and they were just setting up for Dave and co. Ticket said it was starting at 8, when did the other bands play???
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

god himself
Ashton
Ashton

Post by god himself »

from where i was sitting (middle lower bowl about stage eye level) the sound was crap. It was a big load of bass and treble. When he hit the floor tom or the bass drum the place shook, there was no definition between instruments. But shit it was loud and we were singing louder than he was. He sure can put on a show he's twice my age and my voice gave way 3 songs before his, i'm sure if his voice was up to it he would've given the monday concert a longer encore. But i can't complain it was the best $100 i've ever spent.
Oh and this was my first vector concert so my opinion is relative to nothing.
http://www.myspace.com/grimacemaster Tell me what you think!

Ibanezdude
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Ibanezdude »

The Tuesday show was the best concert I've ever been to! It was true awesome! Even though the acoustics of Vector suck, the Foo's road crew made it sound awesome as!

So glad i went!
A girl phoned me the other day and said, "Come on over, theres nobody home". I went over, nobody was home.

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

I think the Vector is a great venue. It has the best seating arrangement and you get a good view from pretty much everywhere. I tend to buy tickets for the opposite end from the stage sitting mid way up. thats where I have found it to be the most balanced.

I haven't been to many venues that have a better acoustic sound in NZ.