CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

STRAYFALCON
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Billy TK Senior at The Crest

Post by STRAYFALCON »

Well what can I say....... Billy TK Senior........ firstly I'd like to say its been a while since I saw Billy play..... infact it was in the 80's I last saw Billy Perform....... looking like Billy Gibbons with a long white beard and Ray ban sunnies on...... he opened up with a tasty rendition of Voodoo Chile,and numerous others as well as delighting the crowd with some originals off his new album, each set pushing it up a notch on the previous...... well it was fantastic to see Billy in his 60's still out there doin it ........ a tasty guitar player in every way...... playing and singing blues how it should be done, if ya ever get a chance to see one of New Zealands living legends play live........ Billy TKs the man!

STRAYFALCON

Crazy Horse
Ashton
Ashton

Re: Billy TK Senior at The Crest

Post by Crazy Horse »

His son seems like kind of a dick?...

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

He's playing? Played? When? What? Why? How? :?
Tin arse!!

borge
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by borge »

Snr came and played in gisborne a month or two ago too, my drummer played with him.
he was touring with a female blues vocalist whos name eludes me.
he rehearsed 3 songs with billy then he played 3 totally different songs at the gig :?

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai
Been liked: 1 time

Post by fuzziebro »

borge wrote:Snr came and played in gisborne a month or two ago too, my drummer played with him.
he rehearsed 3 songs with billy then he played 3 totally different songs at the gig :?
A three song gig?? - he was probably using the practise songs to 'get' the vibe happening.
I get the feeling this guy reads the audience and chooses to play whatever he feels is most appropriate for the moment. That will place stress on the other band members, but then if you're good enough and know the blues well enough it shouldn't be an issue it should be a joy.

I was lucky enough to see the Snr play last night,
I was moved to tears, I was also impressed with his original take on the blues, even more impressed with the tone he got from a large Peavey bass amp. - He also was well in control of some very tasty feedback / whammy bar action.
There was also a free BBQ outside for the punters... Nice!!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

sad that I missed it, didn't get back from Napier in time :(
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai

Post by fuzziebro »

Crazy Horse wrote:His son seems like kind of a dick?...

Sharpen those shears...get ready to cut... :cry:

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

bluesgeek wrote:sad that I missed it, didn't get back from Napier in time :(
You were in Napier? Was there a Napier gearfest? I didn't get the memo :wink: Or were you prancing round in art deco gear? :P
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

Gelato wrote:
bluesgeek wrote:sad that I missed it, didn't get back from Napier in time :(
You were in Napier? Was there a Napier gearfest? I didn't get the memo :wink: Or were you prancing round in art deco gear? :P
yeah I took the missus for her birthday and stayed with Iain for a few days - no gearfest as such, but lots of mooching through his shelves in the aladdins cave :lol: didn't have internet access (how can somebody not have internet in their house???? amazing) or I'd have dropped you a PM :(

If its any consolation we stopped off in Taupo and didn't see Rog either :lol:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

bluesgeek wrote:yeah I took the missus for her birthday and stayed with Iain for a few days - no gearfest as such, but lots of mooching through his shelves in the aladdins cave :lol: didn't have internet access (how can somebody not have internet in their house???? amazing) or I'd have dropped you a PM :(

If its any consolation we stopped off in Taupo and didn't see Rog either :lol:
No worries mate, just yankin' ya chain (figuratively speaking of course) ;) Poor Rog though, I'm sure he's heart broken :lol:
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

borge
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by borge »

fuzziebro wrote:
borge wrote:Snr came and played in gisborne a month or two ago too, my drummer played with him.
A three song gig?? - he was probably using the practise songs to 'get' the vibe happening.
I get the feeling this guy reads the audience and chooses to play whatever he feels is most appropriate for the moment. That will place stress on the other band members, but then if you're good enough and know the blues well enough it shouldn't be an issue it should be a joy.
most of the gig was the females songs which were unrehearsed, she had handed out song charts the day before.
i get what you mean about playing for the moment, but he was taking a small risk doing it with a couple of small town hacks :lol: :roll: :twisted:

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai

Post by fuzziebro »

borge wrote:most of the gig was the females songs which were unrehearsed, she had handed out song charts the day before.
i get what you mean about playing for the moment, but he was taking a small risk doing it with a couple of small town hacks :lol: :roll: :twisted:

fair comment, mate.

STRAYFALCON
Stagg
Stagg

Post by STRAYFALCON »

Welcome back BG........ you woulda loved his show was good chatting with him, by the way ........ thanx to FUZZIEBRO FOOTPEDALS............ Billy TK is one happy man after FUZZIE BRO presented Billy with one of his tasty FUZZ pedal creations ......... well done FUZZ ! :-)

STRAYFALCON

island girl

Post by island girl »

I know who that singer is. It's Katy Soljak. She's been playing and recording some new songs with Billy TK Snr over the last couple years. Check out a cool blues video; 'Sweet Caged Bird,' they recorded on K Road this winter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH54Oadalvs