Moderator: Capt. Black

Kev77
Mr Echo
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 285 times

new U2 360 Live DVD - its poo, with corn

Post by Kev77 »

seriously poor performances and the whole thing is plastic and nasty.,., the band just dragging round and Bono really off for most of it.,.,. dont even waste your time,
I skipped whole parts.,. me,,,
the 24.99 version i got didnt even have bonus features - no guitar closeups, poo bass sound.,., where's the tantrum icon%$#!@%$#!
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 772 times
Been liked: 260 times

Re: new U2 360 Live DVD - its poo, with corn

Post by Miza »

Yeah mate, I used to be a massive U2 fan, but since their last album I've given up on them.

They're reached that point like all bands where they should just stop. Maybe keep touring the old stuff for the fans, but just stop trying to pretend they're still making relevant music.

I heard Powderfinger are finishing. After hearing their last album I wasn't that upset to be honest.
Nothing to see here.

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

Was U2 coming here to play in Wellington ?

Kev77
Mr Echo

Post by Kev77 »

i dont imagine they'll bring the 360 beast to lil nz.
I saw the HTDAB tour twice and it was massive and thy were on form.,.
but this was shocking.,.,
I may just wheel out my live @ slaine - or rattle and Hum dvd to console myself.,. :cry: :cry: :cry:
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 682 times
Been liked: 577 times

Post by TmcB »

Breaking news: Edge joins U2 covers band, plays at UK hippy detention camp.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6p-Xb2zMU4[/youtube]
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

machina
Tokai
Tokai

Post by machina »

tonymcbony wrote:Breaking news: Edge joins U2 covers band, plays at UK hippy detention camp.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6p-Xb2zMU4[/youtube]
Ha, I was there for that. I'm not a U2 fan at all but it was still pretty cool, mainly just being in that crowd and having the majority of them go nuts when he walked on. I was thinking of doing a Glastonbury review, probably should. Also saw the Black Keys on Wednesday who were wicked, should review that as well...

TmcB
I may have a problem

Post by TmcB »

I'm sorry, all I read was
machina wrote: I'm a bastard, a lucky bastard with good taste. In your face, biatch!
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".

machina
Tokai
Tokai

Post by machina »

tonymcbony wrote:I'm sorry, all I read was
machina wrote: I'm a bastard, a lucky bastard with good taste. In your face, biatch!
:lol: :lol: You made it sound so unappealing though when you described it as a detention camp for hippies, I thought you wouldn't want to be there :) It was pretty awesome though, best weekend i've had in ages. Muse ripped our faces off on the Saturday night, then had Slash on Sunday arvo and Stevie Wonder to finish up Sunday night. Seasick Steve, The Dead Weather, Fatboy Slim, and the Scissor Sisters (surprisingly, pretty decent at what they do live) were the other highlights that I can remember - I was wasted for a decent chunk of it haha.

TmcB
I may have a problem

Post by TmcB »

machina wrote:
:lol: :lol: You made it sound so unappealing though when you described it as a detention camp for hippies, I thought you wouldn't want to be there :) It was pretty awesome though, best weekend i've had in ages. Muse ripped our faces off on the Saturday night, then had Slash on Sunday arvo and Stevie Wonder to finish up Sunday night. Seasick Steve, The Dead Weather, Fatboy Slim, and the Scissor Sisters (surprisingly, pretty decent at what they do live) were the other highlights that I can remember - I was wasted for a decent chunk of it haha.
Nah, just jealous as hell :lol:
Sounds like a damn good time

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7906 times
Been liked: 4253 times

Post by jeremyb »

Thanks for the headsup Kev I was keen getting the bluray but was a bit nervous after watching a track from the concert on YouTube and Bono was just walking round barely putting any effort in :(

Any other ones worth getting instead? I have zoo tv and a vertigo tour live one as well as the red rocks?? and rattle....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

stuu
PRS McCarty
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by stuu »

i used to have ZooTV, Rattle and Hum, and Pop on VHS.

I played them non-stop till the video machine chewed em up. Great Concerts for a U2 fan to own... though i think ZooTV may have been filmed on video tape (like pink floyd Pulse) so may not translate to bluray too well: worth investigating.
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Kev, you bought a DVD of the most overrated band ever and didn't expect it to be poos?
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Kev77
Mr Echo

Post by Kev77 »

stuu wrote:i used to have ZooTV, Rattle and Hum, and Pop on VHS.

I played them non-stop till the video machine chewed em up. Great Concerts for a U2 fan to own... though i think ZooTV may have been filmed on video tape (like pink floyd Pulse) so may not translate to bluray too well: worth investigating.
yeah the zootv is really lens burn'd and blurry.,., I'd say live at slaine castle is worth the hassle, the live in paris concert on the joshua tree boxset his ok.,.,

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 645 times
Been liked: 814 times

Post by hamo »

And here was me wondering how Bono could afford his solid gold toilet...
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Matt_Demise
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Matt_Demise »

It had a warning label that said U2