Moderator: Capt. Black

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Bluesfest - Whitianga

Post by Rog »

Wow - and I was so pissed off I couldn't make it there. Now I'm not! Cheers, BG - I feel much better now. I would still have loved to be at rock2wlgn tho'....
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3990 times

Post by Bg »

Rog wrote:Wow - and I was so pissed off I couldn't make it there. Now I'm not! Cheers, BG - I feel much better now. I would still have loved to be at rock2wlgn tho'....
It was worth it for Keb Mo and Buddy but it wasn't worth paying extra for the vip tickets, shoddy really :( let's hope they pull their act together (or pull some good acts together ;) )
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Best part of the weekend was meeting up with Ric Hall (Buddy's guitarist) over at Strayfalcon's on Friday night.

This is a pic of me, Sean (Bluesbass) and Ric. Shortly before I taught him some new licks for Saturday night... he now knows how to play freebird.
Attachments
ric-and-the-boyz.jpg
ric-and-the-boyz.jpg (102.83 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 645 times
Been liked: 814 times

Post by hamo »

Sweet pic! And this thread makes me feel better about missing out too, although so did Zakk's 10 minute solo at Rock2Wgtn. :lol:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Post by crushing day »

sensible shoes BG?
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

crushing day wrote:sensible shoes BG?
indeed, snakeskin boots :lol:

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Post by crushing day »

ahh .. my mistake .. they looked like brown loafers, and for a while i was terribly confused :)
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

dc
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by dc »

Well I enjoyed the Hannah Montana in 3d movie. :D

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

dc wrote:Well I enjoyed the Hannah Montana in 3d movie. :D
i'm sure it was cheaper ;)

STRAYFALCON
Stagg
Stagg

Post by STRAYFALCON »

Well well brother BG!

I must say the past few days have been an interesting one, as BG mentioned brother Ric a friend ours dropped by on Friday for a bite to eat and a chat about the latest round of gigs with the Buddy Guy band, Ric for those of you who dont know him hes been Buddys gat man for a few years now and hes played with the likes of BBKing,Eric Clapton,Derek Trucks,Santana,Jeff Beck,Albert King, Jimmy Vaughan and the list goes on.

Rics been a good friend and always makes himself available when hes in town so it was great catchin up and chewing the fat about music etc etc, BG even played and jammed a lil with Ric..... cam cord footage to follow. 8)

I was fortunate to spend the past few days with Buddy Guy and The Buddy Guy Band and to get a good insight into the "behind" the scenes look into the world of one of the "Living Blues Legends" though I was there for Ric as a mate I was still fortunate to be able to "live and eat the Blues" whilst Buddy was in town.

Keb Mo joined us for an impromptu Jam which was a lotta fun, as for the Whitianga Festival I cant really comment as I didnt hit there until about 8PM with the Buddy Guy Entourage and we spent most of that time in the green room before Buddy took to the stage, I viewed Buddys set from side stage and it apppeared to be quite a big crowd and obviously a lot had stayed to see Buddy and given the crowd that was around Buddys Green room it was clear to see that there were a lot of Buddy Guy fans milling about for a glimpse of their hero

Ric was approached a number of times after the gig and asked about how he got his tone and what he was using.......I'm pleased to say that at a jam earlier on during the day Ric was blown away with my "Gold fuzzie bro" pedal and hence he used it at the Whitianga gig on all of his solos, thanks to Fuzzie bro pedals which rocked the stadium that nite!!!!!!! 8)

Ps Fuzz Rics blown with ya pedal

Chur 8)

STRAYFALCON

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

STRAYFALCON wrote:thanks to Fuzzie bro pedals which rocked the stadium that nite!!!!!!! 8)
yeah nothing like hearing freebird licks played at stadium volume through a fuzzie-bro :) I'm pretty surprised he didn't know how to play those licks, but thanks to me the world is a better place :lol: Next time he's here I've promised to teach him Stairway.... :twisted:

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

bluesgeek wrote:
STRAYFALCON wrote:thanks to Fuzzie bro pedals which rocked the stadium that nite!!!!!!! 8)
yeah nothing like hearing freebird licks played at stadium volume through a fuzzie-bro :) I'm pretty surprised he didn't know how to play those licks, but thanks to me the world is a better place :lol: Next time he's here I've promised to teach him Stairway.... :twisted:
Read the sign buddy, you've been warned :lol:
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

OMG - is there no nadir our fearless leader will not sink to?? :P
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

raz
Hagstrom

Post by raz »

Rog wrote:OMG - is there no nadir our fearless leader will not sink to?? :P
I can see a new tagline

Bluesgeek - plumbing the depths so you don't have to

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

raz wrote:
Rog wrote:OMG - is there no nadir our fearless leader will not sink to?? :P
I can see a new tagline

Bluesgeek - plumbing the depths so you don't have to
hey I didn't even mention Smoke on the Water????