CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: RUSH - Beyond The Lighted Stage

Post by Tonemaker »

jeremyb wrote:I'm gonna try watch this doco again, I got to the point where he started singing and had to hit stop and watch g3 with petrucci instead, lesser of two evils lol :mrgreen:
I thought it was great but I did take 3 breaks as it seemed long on a netbook with headphones.
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

corsair
Gibson
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by corsair »

I thought I'd posted about seeing Rush live in Newcastle upon Tyne last year, but can't find anything....

First time seeing them, loved their stuff for years and years up to Roll the bones; seeing them live was a revelation, it really was! I took my nine year old lad along as well, and as the first flurry of Sprit of Radio hit the arena, he was on his feet shrieking "Yeah!!" with everyone else!

They had an energy and attitude that belies the fact that they've been doing this an awful long time now; Lifeson was as smiley and off beat as he seems to be....

Musically superb; drums solos are generally pretty yawn, but Pearts swing solo was amazing... good sets consisting of new stuff from Clockwork Angels, some older material and the complete Moving Pictures; astonishing and I'm glad I made the trip....
There is no sort of aberrant behaviour that cannot be modified by use of the correct ammunition!

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

They still do a great live show, despite the polarity of our opinions... I saw them at Wembley Arena, one of the most expensive gigs I've ever been to...as I bought two 50quid tickets and couldnt manage to find someone else to go with... so... empty seat!

Still, enjoyed the gig anyway... and yeah, those old tracks like Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer still made the place erupt!

It's a bit like U2 gigs, no matter how good or bad newer material is, you can't go past a good 'Where The Streets Have No Name" or "New Years Day" or "Until The End Of The World"... or I will Follow... OK OK not the thread for this...

:)
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...