CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: FREE guitar strings for beta testing

Post by Tonemaker »

Aquila Rosso wrote:When I took my SG to the K rd Rock Shop a couple of weeks ago the staff that played it thought I had fresh strings on. They were surprised to find they were plain old Slinkies that were several weeks old. I clean my strings every single time i finish playing. Keeps them good ages until they finally get to the point where they won't stay stable etc.
What do you use to clean them?
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

NZRS_Matt wrote:
matman wrote:Has everyone who got the Facebook pm to say they were getting the strings actually got them? I was pm'd but haven't received anything
Yeah, they were all posted out the day after the PM. Yours have obviously gone missing in the mail.

PM me your postal address matman and I'll send you another set. I'm down to my last demo set of each of the two gauges.
Demo sets eh...

I use 10s if you want to part with them lol..

They went so fast online. I have no internet when I'm working so I figure I'd wait for the shop to sell them to try
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by matman »

Arrived this morning - thanks heaps Matt!
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Tonemaker wrote:
Aquila Rosso wrote:When I took my SG to the K rd Rock Shop a couple of weeks ago the staff that played it thought I had fresh strings on. They were surprised to find they were plain old Slinkies that were several weeks old. I clean my strings every single time i finish playing. Keeps them good ages until they finally get to the point where they won't stay stable etc.
What do you use to clean them?
just a piece of lint free cloth (scrap silk). get a bunch of crud of them after every time i finish playing, so no surprise if we leave that stuff on the strings they turn to crud themselves.

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by matman »

NZRS_Matt wrote:
matman wrote:Has everyone who got the Facebook pm to say they were getting the strings actually got them? I was pm'd but haven't received anything
Yeah, they were all posted out the day after the PM. Yours have obviously gone missing in the mail.

PM me your postal address matman and I'll send you another set. I'm down to my last demo set of each of the two gauges.
Total shame and embarassment :oops: :oops: :oops: ! We were heading off out of town the other day and cleaning out the car before we left. My wife brought some stuff in and said, "oh, here's your guitar strings"...she'd collected the mail on her way out somewhere, opened the the envelope and chucked them in the glove box without telling me they'd arrived (and then chucked a bunch of other crap on top of them so that I never knew they were in there!). So for the record NZRS did post my strings and then went way above and beyond the call of good service to ensure I got a replacement set!!! I offered to send back the extra one but Matt said not to worry. I still feel guilty about having 2 sets when others missed out so if there's anyone in Hamilton who missed out on the promotion and wants a set of 9-42s pm me.
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by handsoffmatt »

For everyone's interest...

The new D'Addario "NYXL" strings are now in full production, and we've just received our first shipment. Stock is being distributed into all Rockshops right now and should be in stock by the weekend.

Still only available in 009/042 and 010/046 at this stage.
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox