CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

bluesbass
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: New doco on Page, Edge and Jack White

Post by bluesbass »

Which album is The Lemon Song on...

... the tune they totally nicked from Howlin' Wolf (and some lyric parts from RJ) and then completely forgot to mention that small fact in the credits upholding the finest blues traditions?
The opinions expressed in the post above may differ from the opinions expressed by other people with different opinions.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

bluesbass wrote:Which album is The Lemon Song on...

... the tune they totally nicked from Howlin' Wolf (and some lyric parts from RJ) and then completely forgot to mention that small fact in the credits upholding the finest blues traditions?
Led Coldplay? :lol:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

bluesbass wrote:Which album is The Lemon Song on...

and Whole lotta love of course was a Willie Dixon/Muddy Waters song - took a long time to get that credited ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 276 times

Post by calling card »

And ode to Memphis Minnie for "When the Levee breaks"
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

For me some of the finest Jimmy Page is when he's coping Peter Green licks - including the intro to Since I've Been Loving you! :roll:
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Post by Capt. Black »

[Yawn]

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Capt. Black wrote:[Yawn]
:lol: Yes, that was just for you. When I first got into Led Zep I was playing bass and loved the band. I had every album I could get on vinyl or cassette. As the years went by those albums were borrowed or stolen. It's only now (a couple of decades later) that I'm enjoying learning Page's licks. He has his own style and it's a whole lotta fun! His riffs are raw and jerky. A bit of grit in the channel helps. 8)
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Cabb
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Cabb »

Hmm I'm 23, but I think that's completely and utterly irrelevant to appreciating music. Yeah it's personal, but good music is timeless. It would be a damn shame if I had to listen to only songs that have been around since I have, cos by that rule, in my opinion at least, we'd be running out of music before we run outta gas.

I don't like Led Zep much, I like their rhythm section more than the wank section, but I can also hear how the band has influenced other musicians, and some of what they have taken from those before them.

Right now I'm getting into Pink FLoyd a bit, mostly for Gilmore's decadent solos but if he didn't have such an amazing songs to play over then it would be too wanky (as in, less tasteful).

At the end of the day, it's a language and you tell a story. Doesn't matter whose story it is, or what it's about, it's how you tell it. I think that applies the best to blues, anyway.

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

just went to see this just now, it's really quite an amazing film, really interesting stuff about the 3 of them and they teach each other their songs nd riffs etc, really cool flick I'd recommend it
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks