Fleetwood Mac- The Dance DVD

CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

Benrocky
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Fleetwood Mac- The Dance DVD

Post by Benrocky »

Well i know this is an oldie of a DVD but just sat through it with my missus.

What can i say, but i have some new found respect for Lindsey Buckingham. Man does he some skills with that right hand of his!

Great example is "Im so afraid" massive solo at the end. 5 Mins of guitar sex :mrgreen:
RuBear wrote:
You mean that it's ME that's responsible for you coming here? I'm feel sincerely guilty for putting the rest of you sods through the experience that is Benrocky.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69250680@N07/

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Re: Fleetwood Mac- The Dance DVD

Post by rocklander »

Benrocky wrote:Well i know this is an oldie of a DVD but just sat through it with my missus.

What can i say, but i have some new found respect for Lindsey Buckingham. Man does he some skills with that right hand of his!

Great example is "Im so afraid" massive solo at the end. 5 Mins of guitar sex :mrgreen:
like it's not bad enough that he plays that well, but then he sings at the same time... muchos jealousy
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Benrocky
Gibson

Post by Benrocky »

rocklander wrote:
Benrocky wrote:Well i know this is an oldie of a DVD but just sat through it with my missus.

like it's not bad enough that he plays that well, but then he sings at the same time... muchos jealousy
And he does it half the time with his eyes closed. Thats freaking telepathic.
RuBear wrote:
You mean that it's ME that's responsible for you coming here? I'm feel sincerely guilty for putting the rest of you sods through the experience that is Benrocky.

El Chris
Squier

Post by El Chris »

no greeny makes me sad

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by matman »

Benrocky wrote:
rocklander wrote:

And he does it half the time with his eyes closed. Thats freaking telepathic.
I remember being with another guitar playing friend when the live version of Big Love came on and us both deciding that we kind of hate Lindsey Buckingham's guts for that exact reason! (I find it hard enough to play, can't sing, but doing both at the same time like that! GRRRRR!!
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

Benrocky
Gibson

Post by Benrocky »

El Chris wrote:no greeny makes me sad
Oh don't get me wrong, i think Peter Green is the shizzles. But after watching this DVD i have to give some props to Buckingham.
RuBear wrote:

corsair
Gibson
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by corsair »

'Second hand news' is a fabulous piece, and yes, he certainly is a talented fellow - doesn't stop him being a nob-end though!! Any time I've seen him interviewed, you get the impression that the rest of any band he's in are just making up the numbers; he's good, but not that bloody good!! :lol:
There is no sort of aberrant behaviour that cannot be modified by use of the correct ammunition!

Clarky
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Clarky »

Lindsay is so good on that DVD that he is almost insane.
Konx om Pax

indiebluesbreaker
Stagg
Stagg

Post by indiebluesbreaker »

i love the buck, alot of people don't realise how much of a great guitarish he was cause of most of his time in the mac he played more in a backing manner, but then he showed us his true colours, you can tell he plays banjo
ibanez iceman ic-300, fender squier bullet, Marinucci double cutaway, behringer 60watt ultratwin GXW10, big muff distortion pedal, digitech whammy, boss loop station, boss digi delay 7, hot cake distortion, roland blues cube 30watt.

Marshall
Fender
Fender

Post by Marshall »

I've always been a fan of Lindsay. Does what he does really well without being flashy.
Grind 'til your neighbours go blind