WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 354 times

New Jeff Healey album Songs From the Road

Post by WellyBlues »

Recently downloaded the new Jeff Healey album, Songs From the Road. It's live stuff from Europe in 06/07, not that long before, 12-18months or so, before he passed on. Features Randy Bachman on some stuff.

Ragged and relaxed, I really like it. A few covers, including a good one of Whipping Post, one of my favourite Allman Brothers songs, and I'm a big fan. Also The Beatles Come Together, I'm Ready, Hootchie Cootchie Man, Teach your children well, Santa Bring My Baby back to me, and White Room. Plus the usual Jeff Healey suspects.

A bunch of talented guys doing what they do best and enjoying it. 4.5 out of 5 for me.

I recommend Mess of Blues, the previous album, as well.

Note: I understand Jeff was a user and endorser(?) of Squier guitars. Didn't fuss too much about his setup. Maybe there's a lesson for the cash strapped!
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: New Jeff Healey album Songs From the Road

Post by Gelato »

WellyBlues wrote:Note: I understand Jeff was a user and endorser(?) of Squier guitars. Didn't fuss too much about his setup. Maybe there's a lesson for the cash strapped!
Maybe they told him they were Fenders...

That's insensitive, really it is.

Note: I do like me some Jeff Healey music. I'll be sure to check out this album :)
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

crunchy as kellogs
Squier

Post by crunchy as kellogs »

man thats just plain rude.....................but funny as all hell
"Guitar playing isnt a competition, but Jeff Beck is the best" - Ritchie Sambora

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

I really love See The Light, his other records never seemed quite as immediate and raucous as that one was. As Mark "Vicks Vapo-drops" Tierney once said - "blues that can move your furniture".

Healey used a black Squier Strat with red pickups in Road House, if I remember rightly?

alf
Ashton
Ashton

Post by alf »

Jenesis wrote:I really love See The Light, his other records never seemed quite as immediate and raucous as that one was.
Pretty much agree. Love See the Light, had it on tape and it finally broke in the car the other day :(, though Hell to Pay was also pretty good - after that he was still good, but like you say didn't move the furniture. Live though he was awesome - saw him when he played wgtn and also have a video of him playing live somewhere around the Hell to Pay period (videos and tapes - note to self to update). Cheers for the review WB, will have to check this one out.