New Zealand made!

CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

aliasceiza
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

New Zealand made!

Post by aliasceiza »

I'm starting this thread with the hope of enticing all the people on this forum who use/have used any of all this more recent NZ made music gear!

Not so much for the Rockits/Jansens/gunns/holdens that have been around for years, and of which nearly everyone knows someone that new someone that had one/heard one somewhere ETC, but for the more recent stuff like G2D, Baja, Crowther, McPherson, Fuzi bro, Red Witch, (I guess technically not NZ anymore) in stomp boxes, and then the likes of Greenstone amps, Fuzi Bro amps too, I think I've seen somewhere, and the Cuba Street Radiotone, and I read somewhere that they were putting out a big brother to the Cuba ST, what happened with that, and even Ash and his guitars, he must sell quite a few, so who buys them and what do they think of them after the honeymoon is over, and ...?

You can't really google any of this stuff for other peoples impressions, and it's all quite high priced so expensive to try them all out, especially when you usually can't go down to your local store and try one...and there isn't really a lot even on this website specifically about such things, although I did read the Bellbird 5 review, and I've been through the entire review section and it's mostly about CDs and concerts, which is absolutely fine, but no where on the web in general is there much about our home grown gear!

I almost bought one of Ash's heilos a while back, but the seller was more interested in being what I assumed he thought was clever so didn't, and I've had a Baja tube OD, and a Cuba ST, but there is a lot more around than just that!

Anyone?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Re: New Zealand made!

Post by Bg »

hmmm

One Ash guitar, one Greenstone Bellbird, 2 FuzzieBro amps... I do my bit ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Pakehendrix
Big Muff

Post by Pakehendrix »

Ash/Radian guitar, Jansen amp, 2x Rocklander-made pedals, Freedom Audio cables from Ryan...

And everything I own has come from a NZ retailer :wink:

aliasceiza

Post by aliasceiza »

BG wrote:hmmm

One Ash guitar, one Greenstone Bellbird, 2 FuzzieBro amps... I do my bit ;)
Excellent, so what models/specs? What do you think of them?

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 682 times
Been liked: 577 times

Post by TmcB »

aliasceiza wrote:Red Witch, (I guess technically not NZ anymore)
'Splain?
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

aliasceiza

Post by aliasceiza »

tonymcbony wrote:
aliasceiza wrote:Red Witch, (I guess technically not NZ anymore)
'Splain?
I do believe Red witch shifted production to China, but that could be just another cyber myth!

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 682 times
Been liked: 577 times

Post by TmcB »

I'll bet the price doesn't change
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

2 Rocklander pedals and a Rocklander Ruby amp, which reminds me, I must get that housed up
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

dc
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by dc »

2 Fuzziebro amps, fuzziebro pedal, and two guitars pimped by Ash.

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

all rocklander pedals in my live rig bar 1 (I don't know how to make a tuner :oops: ).
ruby amp
jansen bassman 50 with cab made by rotovegas craftsman. polycaster with USA made neck, but assembled in NZ count?

the kiwi made in my lot far outweighs the non-kiwi... but it's not a kiwi pride thing..it's a tight @rse thing.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

darkness
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by darkness »

Custom Ash guitar, with a second on the way. Local kiwi made cab, and a G2D overdrive. Thats my kiwi contingent.
AFK.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Pretty thin on NZ made stuff, got a G2D Classic and my Relik Old Dog, which is my DIY pedal. Does my home made pedal board count?

aliasceiza

Post by aliasceiza »

Granted there was a lot of text in my original post, so I guess there is an excuse for missing the point...I meant for people to actually say what they thought of the gear, and what they liked/disliked about it, not just that they had some, although it's good to see lots of people do actually use it!

And Rocklander pedals, I've never heard of them, who makes them and where can you get them from?

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

*cough*

:lol:
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass