CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: New Zealand made!

Post by DarcyPerry »

Ironbird13 wrote:Freedom speaker cable, i noticed a big difference between that and a cheapy cable 8)
+1
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

CJ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by CJ »

I use a Cuba St Broadcast King. For a while this was the only one but I believe there may be more out there now.
Channel 1 is based on the Marshall 18 watt and to my ears sounds pretty sweet for the music I play. The second channel is a higher gain sound unlike the original marshall that had a nice tremelo channel.
Hearing Darcy through the BK jamming with Unique through a Greenstone Bellbird made me realise that we have quality amp manufacturers in this country.

My good mate Rocklander came to the party with the TremYello which has a very usable sweet spot between some quite severe settings.

Quality of the amp and pedal is superb.

Next thing is a reverb maybe
I didn't get where I am today by understanding humour.......

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

The Scarecrow wrote:Currently, a G2D Standard (older Custom) and Freedom cables.

Formerly, Ash Radian SG, Hotcake, Gunn 50, Weta Jag/Jazzmaster copy.
Then there's the stuff you don't remember like the Rockit Superlead 75, loud heavy barsteward that it is...
and some Freedom cables for me.
Tin arse!!

aliasceiza

Post by aliasceiza »

CJ wrote:I use a Cuba St Broadcast King. For a while this was the only one but I believe there may be more out there now.
Channel 1 is based on the Marshall 18 watt and to my ears sounds pretty sweet for the music I play. The second channel is a higher gain sound unlike the original marshall that had a nice tremelo channel.
Hearing Darcy through the BK jamming with Unique through a Greenstone Bellbird made me realise that we have quality amp manufacturers in this country.

My good mate Rocklander came to the party with the TremYello which has a very usable sweet spot between some quite severe settings.

Quality of the amp and pedal is superb.

Next thing is a reverb maybe
The Broadcast King, that was the one I couldn't remember!

Could you please post some specs, controls, tubes, speakers ETC?
I liked the radiotone, but not it's little speaker and lack of EQ, although I realise that was the point of the amp, and I didn't like it through the cab I had at the time, but I'm blaming that on the cab!