Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Re: New Zealand made!

Post by Capt. Black »

rocklander wrote:
the kiwi made in my lot far outweighs the non-kiwi... but it's not a kiwi pride thing..it's a tight @rse thing.
you should be proud of that tight arse of yours.

I got a bunch of interesting kiwi made stuff and I'll do some reviews soon.
Radian tele. Very cool guitar with some nice ash touchs.
A couple very vintage Jansen amp heads.
Gunn tremelo pedal. Mid 70s. Best tremendous sound I've heard. Not very fast. Lol
Mirrortone Eightnote. Rare hawkes bay made octave/fuzz in the old style. Was looking for a cheap hendrix style octave pedal and stumbled on this unique pedal of awesomeness.
Heaps of FuzZiebRo pedals. Was collecting for a while. Mostly one offs and prototypes.
A 70s local made Leslie speaker.
Two DC cabs. 2x12s. Well made. Good looking. Great sounding compact cabs from our own DC.
FuzZieBRo combo. I scored an old dead tape deck and got Fuzz to fit an amp into it. An interesting EF86 based circuit. Really tasty tone. Loud with an old goodmans alnico 12 fitted.

There's probably more if I look for it.

DongHua
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by DongHua »

One Ash Custom RRV :P

possibly something from Greenstone next year, lets see. 8)

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

aliasceiza wrote:.I meant for people to actually say what they thought of the gear,
Rocklander stuff= Feckin awesome 8)
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

I've owned some NZ stuff, and it's all been great. But of course it is, I mean I could try it before I bought it

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Currently, a G2D Standard (older Custom) and Freedom cables.

Formerly, Ash Radian SG, Hotcake, Gunn 50, Weta Jag/Jazzmaster copy.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 416 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Post by bender »

I've got the Greenstone Bellverb 5 which I can't rate highly enough. I'll be adding some tone clips to that review including some different power tubes as soon as I get the chance to record them.

Also got 3 Rocklander built pedals with a fourth on the way. He offers a kind of a RDIY (Rocklander-Does-It-For-Yourself) sort of thing. Not really a business as much as a very generous hobbyist. I've got a HeartThrob Tremolo, Sagittarian Charger (Klon Centaur clone) and a Runoffgroove Grace distortion that he built for me. All three are really well put together and sound great.

Here's a pic of the HeartThrob (I put the graphics together and he etched them for me)

And the Grace (the best looking pedal I own I reckon- same deal as the HeartThrob):

I've also owned a pickup that Ash custom made for me which is seriously kick-arse. I reviewed it a while back (it's called the benderbucker). The only reason I'm not using it is that it's a Wide-Range humbucker sized beast. It sounds absolutely excellent though.

aliasceiza

Post by aliasceiza »

rocklander wrote:*cough*
:lol:
Funny shit, I did connect the names, but I've also heard of much stranger coincidences; that's pretty cool, and even better that others on here use them...I guess I'd better rock up to one of these gearfests and check out some of them!

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

WHOAH.

How much are your pedals, Rocklander? Hearthrob has my interest.

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

pricing is only a PM away.. it's usually a looong read though :lol:
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Cool. Fire away that bad boy PM, bro! I like lots of indepth details :) Is the switch at the top a sine/square wave shape selector? Can you make one with a true bypass switch that doesn't pop like a bitch when you step off it? ^___^

sambrowne
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sambrowne »

rocklander wrote:pricing is only a PM away.. it's usually a looong read though :lol:
Better still, do a thread! Super interested in a Klon clone...

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 416 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Post by bender »

MogwaiBoy wrote:Cool. Fire away that bad boy PM, bro! I like lots of indepth details :) Is the switch at the top a sine/square wave shape selector? Can you make one with a true bypass switch that doesn't pop like a bitch when you step off it? ^___^
The rest/rush switch is a speed selector. 1x to the left and 2x to the right. It's a great sounding tremolo but mine very picky about the power you feed it (crap power supply makes it pop like kerrrrrazy but clean power and a pedal with a buffer in it afterwards and it's silent).

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Hot Cake Bluesberry. 8)
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

I used to have a Jansen Bass 75 and currently have an out of commission Holden Wasp that I keep meaning to get fixed.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

Ironbird13 wrote:2 Rocklander pedals and a Rocklander Ruby amp, which reminds me, I must get that housed up
and an old Gunn50 modded by Clarry and Simcha. excellent work there 8)
and Freedom speaker cable, i noticed a big difference between that and a cheapy cable 8)
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.