Elbow

CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

RUDENBARK
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Elbow

Post by RUDENBARK »

Just got put on to these guys, never even heard of them before.
Ended up getting the album (take note marketing c**ts - SALES THROUGH ILLEGAL COPIES).

Elbow - "The Seldom Seen Kid"

Bought it after hearing "The Bones Of You". Can't really explain why, but I'm just really loving this song right now!
Unfortunately for me, that song is probably the highlight of the album (was expecting/hoping for an album of similar mind-blow s***, lol). BUT, having said that, it's still a very, very good album!

Definitely not to everyones' taste, leaning more towards the alternative easy listening.

While the album has a cohesive sameness to the songs, there's a bit of variety in there. Overall reminds me of the likes of Peter Gabriel, Seal, Muse; hints of european traditional stylings throughout.
You have the right to remain silent... But I wanna hear you scream!

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Re: Elbow

Post by GrantB »

I understand what you mean about their overall performance. I find a song or two stands out but the rest of their stuff fades into the background, or otherwise annoys the crap out of me. His voice can get a bit droning...was this their past album?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

RUDENBARK
Gibson

Re: Elbow

Post by RUDENBARK »

Don't know anything about them, any of their other albums or songs etc.
But this one came out in 2008.
You have the right to remain silent... But I wanna hear you scream!