CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

RUDENBARK
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Awesome: I Fuckin' Shot That!

Post by RUDENBARK »

Jenesis wrote:Image

Beastie Boys live at Madison Square Garden.

Picked this up today at the Warehouse for five bucks, which is a pretty good deal I think. Seeing it's a 2-disc special edition, I calculate that's around two-fitty a disc. Anyways, the story here is that the band gave fifty audience members Handicams and asked them to film the concert from their own perspective. The footage was then pored over and edited into the band's own pro-shot footage of the event.

This makes for a frenetic and highly entertaining concert movie, as the audience members filmed whatever was going on around them as well as the show. So there's footage of a couple of guys trying to break into the backstage area door with a credit card, some of Ben Stiller who happened to be in the crowd and knew all the words, and a guy in the nosebleed seats trying to get the people in his section fired up to no effect. One dude even takes the camera into the toilets while he goes for a leak (sorry, no wang shots).

Sound quality is fantastic, and the band perform a wide mixture of their catalogue. They start off in old school mode (with guest Doug E Fresh), and wheel out a little pontoon stage halfway through to perform some of their grungy-jazz band stuff. Then it's back to the beats for a wrap up. My only gripe is that the Boys change the lyrics of some of the songs on the fly, not sure of the reasons for this but it sounds a little wack in parts.

A great concert DVD, presented in a really fresh style. Well worth a look.
Jealous.
:mrgreen:

Good score.
You have the right to remain silent... But I wanna hear you scream!

RuBear
Gibson

Re: good

Post by RuBear »

Welcome to the forum!
Ok I got rid of my Foal quote, but I found a new one.
foal30 wrote:some 80's metal makes me want to dress up like a woman, just like they did back in the day.
is this sort of what you mean?

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Re: good

Post by Vince »

RuBear wrote:Welcome to the forum!
Yeah, welcome to the forum, Jenesis!

What kind of guitar do you play?
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

too long, did read

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Thanks guys,,, seems like acool forum lol

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

Amazing calculation at $2.50 a disc, I get that too. But doesn't this belong in the 'posts that don't need a whole thread' thread?
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 415 times

Post by dayl »

Nope, its that fuckin good

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

Jenesis wrote: the Boys change the lyrics of some of the songs on the fly, not sure of the reasons for this but it sounds a little wack in parts.
Is that anything to do with them turning Buddhist and swearing off drugs, violence and sexism? That doesn't leave your average rapper with a hell of a lot to say :lol:
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

RuBear
Gibson

Post by RuBear »

Vorbis wrote:Amazing calculation at $2.50 a disc, I get that too. But doesn't this belong in the 'posts that don't need a whole thread' thread?
A-bloody-men to that
Ok I got rid of my Foal quote, but I found a new one.
foal30 wrote:some 80's metal makes me want to dress up like a woman, just like they did back in the day.
is this sort of what you mean?

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Some Bozo wrote:
Jenesis wrote: the Boys change the lyrics of some of the songs on the fly, not sure of the reasons for this but it sounds a little wack in parts.
Is that anything to do with them turning Buddhist and swearing off drugs, violence and sexism?
Perhaps, but they don't have a lot of that in their lyrics anyway. It's been a while since I watched it, but I got the feeling they were just doing it for a laugh.