opsguy
Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 94 times

Original Album Series - Dokken

Post by opsguy »

Went to JB HiFi today. They are stocking the "Original Album Series" which is a set of 5CD's by a range of bands for $20.00 a set. The cool thing about them is that the cd's are in cardboard slip cases which are replicas of the original LP covers.
I picked up the Dokken one, it has Breaking the Chains, Tooth and Nail, Under Lock and Key, Back for the Attack and Beast from the East.

Well worth a look!!

I got Foreigner also :oops:

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Original Album Series - Dokken

Post by alanp »

Haven't heard of JB HiFi before... they have a web presence for the same price? (And writing this stuff loaded on DB Export takes a lot of backspace.)
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

opsguy wrote:Went to JB HiFi today. They are stocking the "Original Album Series" which is a set of 5CD's by a range of bands for $20.00 a set. The cool thing about them is that the cd's are in cardboard slip cases which are replicas of the original LP covers.
I picked up the Dokken one, it has Breaking the Chains, Tooth and Nail, Under Lock and Key, Back for the Attack and Beast from the East.
WANT

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

$20 for all the 80's dokken records = SCORE....shame I already have them all

the threadjack : I went to groovy the other day (man what a shite hole that's turned into, but that's another story) and scored

STEELER's only album for $15....18yr old yngwie sounding like blackmore
SOUTHGANG - tainted angel - $8
DANGER DANGER - s/t for $11
POISON - hollyweird for $8
lizzy borden - best of - $15

and just to tempt jen even more

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/newrel ... easeID=406 (listen go to tracklisting)

the single has been on my mp3 player for a week so I must have listen to 30 times by now and am frikken loving it....roll on april for an "infestation"
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

George Lynch on Beast from the East 'Tooth and Nail' solo. Exxxxquisite.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

opsguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by opsguy »

marbecks stocking it also...for $30 though...

link to their website with a listing for all of the releases..

http://www.marbecks.co.nz/detail/index. ... gID=527879

Thanks for the headsup on the Ratt cd too Willow...I will be getting that for sure :twisted:

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jenesis »

willow13 wrote:$20 for all the 80's dokken records = SCORE....shame I already have them all

the threadjack : I went to groovy the other day (man what a shite hole that's turned into, but that's another story) and scored

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/newrel ... easeID=406 (listen go to tracklisting)

the single has been on my mp3 player for a week so I must have listen to 30 times by now and am frikken loving it....roll on april for an "infestation"
Holy shit man, that new Ratt song is FANTASTIC. Classic sound, like they never left. 8)

Good score on the Steeler album, love it. Shame the vocals are pretty bad, "Serenade" is unlistenable. Southgang is great too, haven't heard any newer Poison post Native Tongue. Any good?

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

willow13 wrote:$20 for all the 80's dokken records = SCORE....shame I already have them all

I was in Auck city real groovy a couple of weeks ago and I was pretty impressed with how stock was bulking up again. Got nice US pressings of Humble Pie's 'rockin' the fillmore' and Aerosmith's 'toys in the attic'. Seems like they've had to source a lot more US stuff to get the vinyl stocks back up rather than sit on accumulated piles of crap local pressings like in the pre-currency speculation fuckup days. Plus they have just got in a massive soul vinyl shipment.

On topic: how about George's Kagagoogoo mullet on those early album covers, eh? -a very popular look among stocky lesbian footballers to this day...
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Jenesis wrote:haven't heard any newer Poison post Native Tongue. Any good?
it actually pretty cool..the guitar tones kind of heavy and glamy all at the same time.....CC has.....n't changed as a player at all.....at this stage it would be my favourite poison album, but i'm not a huge fan anyway

oh and there aren't any ballads
Hot_Grits wrote:I was in Auck city real groovy a couple of weeks ago and I was pretty impressed with how stock was bulking up again. Got nice US pressings of Humble Pie's 'rockin' the fillmore' and Aerosmith's 'toys in the attic'. Seems like they've had to source a lot more US stuff to get the vinyl stocks back up rather than sit on accumulated piles of crap local pressings like in the pre-currency speculation fuckup days. Plus they have just got in a massive soul vinyl shipment.
yep they have A LOT of vinyl now.....my biggest disappointment was they didn't have at least half the new stuff I wanted to score (the stuff JB and ware don't carry) and usually they have all the stuff I like......times they are a changing I guess

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

this might interest those of us in this thread....even though it is still sometime away :?

Classic DOKKEN Lineup To Reunite For New Album, Tour - Feb. 22, 2010
On Sunday, February 21, guitarist George Lynch (LYNCH MOB, SOULS OF WE, DOKKEN) was interviewed by host Jim Alvino on the "Turn It Up" show on the WSCA 106.1 FM radio station. Topics of discussion included new albums by SOULS OF WE and LYNCH MOB; songwriting; recording with other artists; and LYNCH MOB's November 2009 West Coast shows as the support act for DOKKEN. During the chat, Lynch also revealed that he has been writing songs for a new DOKKEN album with the band's classic 1980s lineup.

An excerpt from the interview follows below.

Turn It Up: The shows that you did at the end of last year, with LYNCH MOB opening for DOKKEN, and at the end the classic lineup of DOKKEN playing together again, has that now blown up into that lineup working together again?

George Lynch: "Yes, actually it has. And that's something that isn't gonna happen for a little while. We all have our respective commitments, meaning Jeff, Mick, Don and myself are all real busy this year doing other things. But we've all made a commitment to each other to dedicate ourselves to getting back together. We've already got three songs on the table and we're gonna continue to write throughout the year and put the whole business together and probably go in the studio late fall or early winter of this year and then have a record out toward late spring of next year, and then hit the road."

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

opsguy wrote:Went to JB HiFi today. They are stocking the "Original Album Series" which is a set of 5CD's by a range of bands for $20.00 a set. The cool thing about them is that the cd's are in cardboard slip cases which are replicas of the original LP covers.

Well worth a look!!

I got Foreigner also :oops:
O_O WANT!!!!

And that new Ratt song is total win 8)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jenesis »

Yeah, won't hold my breath on that Dokken reunion. Good news, but those guys have as much silly carry-on behind the scenes as Van Halen.

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Hot_Grits »

Jenesis wrote:Yeah, won't hold my breath on that Dokken reunion. Good news, but those guys have as much silly carry-on behind the scenes as Van Halen.
They've got make sure Don's wig stays in place onstage for starters.

Dokken and Ratt are in the same boat for me: both would be significantly improved with different singers, both from a lyric writing and a yelling into the mic perspective.

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by matman »

Hot_Grits wrote: Dokken and Ratt are in the same boat for me: both would be significantly improved with different singers, both from a lyric writing and a yelling into the mic perspective.
I soooo agree with this - Lynch and Demartini are two players I really like from a sound/style perspective but have never listened to a great deal because they were in bands I just didn't care for (mainly due to exactly the two aspects HG has mentioned).
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Hot_Grits »

matman wrote:
Hot_Grits wrote: Dokken and Ratt are in the same boat for me: both would be significantly improved with different singers, both from a lyric writing and a yelling into the mic perspective.
I soooo agree with this - Lynch and Demartini are two players I really like from a sound/style perspective but have never listened to a great deal because they were in bands I just didn't care for (mainly due to exactly the two aspects HG has mentioned).
Yeah, true cereal packet lyricists, even for the era/genre. Those dudes made Kip Winger look like something of a poet.

Lynch in particular made it fairly clear that he thought Don was a doofus and only stuck around because Dokken was selling about a million copies per record. Elektra's PR flaks used to push the 'they don't get along' angle to the press...