GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1358 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Re: iB modified G System

Post by GrantB »

Stop trying to confuse me.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

Ive been doing the 4cm for years with my GT-8, just doesnt seem to be any GT-8 love here at all... That and I dont have a second amp to do stereo anymore... Also, thats how they get the AMP sims to sound as good as they are able to with the 4cm.... Ive never got to play with a Gsystem.. Sounds pretty awesome from whats being said here...
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2263 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Hows everyone using theirs? I started off using the 4 cables into either bogner or marshall but now using 2 cables into front end of the Bellbird running clean. I have the brain sitting on top of the amp so I can have shorter cable runs but I don't know whats going to be practical for playing out. Maybe make up a snake? I was thinking line6 wireless too, but maybe not.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

iB modified G System

Post by Tonemaker »

How do you run 2 cables in the front? What's that do?
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

ah I just meant into the front.... cable in and cable out to amp
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

Im happy with how things are going...Illpost a pic on the weekend.
The nly challenge so far is that the master vols on the Mesa are Pre the loop. caught me out at a practice when I increased the master levelsand got some clipping. Had to adjust the loop headroom. What Im doing now is leaving the amp settings alone and controlling master volume from the G system so that the send levels dont change fron bedroom to gig.
about the snake....Ive ordered a custon snake from the states...$US 165. Ill review it once it arrives.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 739 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

BG wrote:Hows everyone using theirs?
Guitar > Korg Pitchblack > G system (with BB Preamp and Suhr Riot in the loops) > Amp set clean

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Ah cool, so noone is racking?

sambrowne
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sambrowne »

I use mine with three cables - midi and send and return to the fx loop. Does that make it the four cable method since I need another one from my guitar to my amp? Funnily enough I am using a Line6 wireless unit BG, it's been great about 99% of the time.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

When I had mine I had it racked. I got the rackmount kit for the Electra Dyne which made it look very tidy, but I never got around to taking a pic of it all together.
P1090449.JPG
P1090453.JPG

twistedthoughts
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times

Post by twistedthoughts »

Damn you people. I was happy with my M13 until this thread came along.

Fucks sake. :evil:

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 739 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

BG wrote:Ah cool, so noone is racking?
I think using a rack would be good if you have the G system controlling a head, or if you have other rack effects/gear. Otherwise I think It's just a hassle carrying all those cases around.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Yeah, its currently not in the rack. Just sat ontop of an amp, but it would need to be racked properly for rugged use. hmm, I think I'll strap it underneath for the time being. Anyone want to be an abs rack case? :D

Full review of the snake please lawrence, I'm going to have to make my own though I guess.

Merrix5
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Merrix5 »

Hey I just picked up the iB modified G System and im stoked!!,.. I had shit tons of pedals and now i run my FM4,Pog2,Verbzilla,Jekyal and Hyde OD and chop and change between looped pedals depending on what im playing,... im running a Vox AC30 and a Hiwatt Maxwatt Stack,just ordered all the leads to try out midi switching the amps channels via the patches!!!.... EPIC GEAR!!

stuu
PRS McCarty
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by stuu »

Pretty rad system IMO. Have zero problems with mine, in fact has been far more 'set and forget' than any other rig i've ever had.

Sounds like you've got a fair few options on your hands. Is the verbzilla still necessary given all the onboard TC reverbs?
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer