Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Re: Tronical Min-etune

Post by Kris »

thread dredge via google-thinking of grabbing one of these for my LP.You still rate yours werdna?

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Dare say there must be loads of Gibson take-offs knocking around? I've only this past week bought a 2014 SG Standard with this system. I think the SG could become my main practice guitar. Can quickly shift it from one tuning to another. I quite like it. Not sure I'd like to trust it live though. Imagine it having a fit live. That'd be chaos.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kris »

well i'd have plenty of time to get used to it,i hardly play live at all these days so thats not much of a concern.i wouldnt be swapping tunings heaps as people seem to forget about string gauge in all of this-i'd be alternating between c and then drop C to teach my bandmates riffs:) with looking at new tuners anyway thought it was worth considering.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

I love my tronical tuners. I have fitted them to a Les Paul and a strat. I don't play any of my other five guitars any more.

Don't worry about string gauge - it all sounds quite similar. I have recording where I am using regular 10s in drop C and it sounds ok.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kris »

hmmm i meant the diff in tension?going from standard to some whacky open tuning would be all jacked up though?

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

I suspect automatic tuning is the same sort of controversy as the cork vs screw top wine bottle outrage a few years ago.
After the shreiks of 'Heresy!' and dire predictions about the end of civilisation, we'll all realise it's a great idea and forget we ever opposed it.

And no, we will not see 59 Les Pauls retro fitted any more than we'll see a 59 Lafite re capped with a stelvin.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by werdna »

Slowfingers, I am trying to find a second hand min-etune to fit to my 60 Les Paul reissue.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

werdna wrote:Slowfingers, I am trying to find a second hand min-etune to fit to my 60 Les Paul reissue.
The key word here is Reissue. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

I've just been eyeing up Les Pauls with these in them, thinking about how handy it'd be for taking ONE guitar to the jam/gig instead of 2 in different tunings. Very cool shit!

This is as much an advertisement for Bogner as it is for the tuner system, but still:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfQgqjFJc74

(ignore the hip moustache)

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

I can't see the name Tronical without thinking of that robot band from Hamilton.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I'm with Kris, string tension will be an issue if you switch tunings often, theres no way my guitar in std could do drop A on 10's :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

MogwaiBoy wrote:I've just been eyeing up Les Pauls with these in them, thinking about how handy it'd be for taking ONE guitar to the jam/gig instead of 2 in different tunings. Very cool shit!

This is as much an advertisement for Bogner as it is for the tuner system, but still:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfQgqjFJc74

(ignore the hip moustache)
Dunno about the tuners, I think they'd be awesome between songs, but that was one helluva gap lol....

Bogner sounded sweet indeed :D
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

I guess it's easy to lose sight of the fact that we're still near the beginning of this auto-tuner journey right? It's not that long ago that we were talking about the advent of the Gibson robot guitars and bemoaning the extra weight it would add to the headstock. That already seems to be a thing of the past, and surely they are only going to get smaller, faster and more accurate from here?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

I've just downloaded the manual from http://www2.gibson.com/Products/min-etune.aspx Just have to clarify the procedure when putting on a fresh set of strings. Can't use a string winder! Lucky I read that first....

http://images.gibson.com/Products/Min-E ... _EN_V2.pdf

Forty pages long....

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by werdna »

I've learned how to fix broken Tronical tuners so if anyone has issues, get in contact and will help for hand shandies etc.