Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

yes yes yes yes yes

Post by Lawrence »

Yes last night.
Guitars included a super 400, a 345, an ES 175 and surprisingly, a Strat. Howe also played Steel guitar...tho the roadies in trouble as it didn't go for half the first song.
Acoustics were mostly a Line 6 Variaxe, but a single cutaway Nylon made an appearance for Mood for the Day, and a Lute was featured.
Amplification was a Line 6 DT 50 2 x 12.

Basses included a Ricky, a Wal, and a custom....

Musically...yup they sure can play. Geoff Downes and Steve Howe were the slickest.. Howe was clearly the musical director. At least 1 error from Chris Squire in a late song.....well covered but there none the less.

Interestingly Chris Squire really impressed my Wife - who is not that familiar with Yes. She noted his melodicism......some bass players might say he plays like a guitarist!

Was it good?? hell yeah! These are complex arrangements and not easy to play. Howe just nailed it all the time. In todays world arrangements are not done this way...the prog torch carriers ;ike Dream Theatre and Porcupine tree are less erratic, but back in 1973 when I discovered yes it was a revelation.

I should mention the new singer, Jon Davison,...perfect Yes voice....high like a woman, clear and bell like. I think he's living a fantasy....

I waited 41 years to see these guys..Glad I did!
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 653 times

Re: yes yes yes yes yes

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Nice one! my mate Chris Gee was working monitors for that show he got some rad pictures.