Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Slash Wellington oh and stoopid pink beards

Post by Olderama »

Hi all

I went last night too and yes i can see the appeal for Devilskin but they didn't do it for me (remember they are playing in their home country)and so they did get a good reception but put them anywhere else in any country and they will always be a support band

For me Slash was fantastic being the 3rd time ive seen him with his respective bands GnR VR and now the conspirators it was like chalk and cheese compared with the opening band
The sheer presence from the opening song to the what i think was a fantastic guitar solo(dont forget he is Slash the guitarist so i think a solo and for him should be expected!!!!!!!!!!) i mean going to see Steve Vai is just a 2hr long guitar solo.

Miles Kennedy was on form and for me the sound was spot on nice and loud and his guitar came through the mix :D

A great night from around 9.00 onwards..........
:mental:

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Re: Slash Wellington oh and stoopid pink beards

Post by Lawrence »

Ha Touche!!

I guess the upcoming London and LA gigs will tell us...

I did think Miles Kennedy was great, the bass player had great stage presence and the Drummer was very solid. The Mix was good all night (apart from one song where the gat got slightly carried away), but the last 20 minutes got too loud....Rock and Roll needs to be loud -- but it got a little extreme.

I wanted to like the show since its good to have a guitarist as the "Star" ....I just would have liked to hear more dynamics and variation in his solos...
All credit to Slash for being way more professional in all ways from G&R who consistently disprespected the audience.

Glad you liked it...and clearly a couple of thousand others did too!
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.