Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

HELLYEAH bodega

Post by Olderama »

Hi yall(lol)

Just got back from smellington and has a blast tonight
Bodega throws up some big acts and never ceases to disappoint.
Red dawn the opening act to me were a mix of good ole thrash with maiden harmonies and excellent solos all I could make out was a mark 5 Mesa and they did alright
Now onto HELLYEAH
Well I've kicked and kicked myself for years for not seeing Pantera and for me tonight was a bit of an emotional journey as I loved dimbag and always regretted never seeing him play
Now yep fair enough this is his bro on drums but the connection was there and I felt completed tonight
As for the music it was tight and loud both guitars going through kempers and vinnies kit towered over them both and both sporting Dean guitars
I came home deaf and happy that I've ticked another band off my list and also laid to rest that inner frustration of not seeing one of my heros but the next best thing Well the only thing really lol
:mental:

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 808 times
Been liked: 1295 times

Re: HELLYEAH bodega

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Good or you man. Sounds like an epic night. Dueling keepers.
I know that bar well. Has great acoustics for a tiny venue. Used to be my local as a student in Wellington. So many memorable tuatara Pilsner hangovers.... Even got mistaken for someone else and punched there once only to have the mistakee buy me a double whisky 10 min later by way of apology (which didn't actually feel thwt great on a split lip).
Refreshing to see a thread focused on the joy of live music and less on the acquisition of items of a materialistic nature. Nice one.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Olderama »

cheers

i know i have bleated on in the past about the fact in the UK i was spoilt for choice for gigs and over here they are few and far between(or weekdays ect)
but really its good because the crowd are unforgiving and all that pressure is released in that 2 hours of mayhem
and its great to get to see major label and up and coming bands on the same stage AND actually see them as opposed to a tiny dot on the horizon

bring on The Misfits in december :)

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

The six string player in Red Dawn was playing through a Peavey Valve King combo by the look of it.

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re:

Post by robnobcorncob »

hamo wrote:The six string player in Red Dawn was playing through a Peavey Valve King combo by the look of it.
That's Andrew and yes I believe it's a Valveking. The other guitarist Dan plays a Mesa Mark 4. Both are phenomenal players!

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Olderama »

Both very good guitarist and the harmonies were spot on :)