CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

1-3-8
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Earth- Earth 2

Post by 1-3-8 »

I certainly didn't expect Sub-Pop (a record label known for bands like Mudhoney, Soundgarden and Nirvana) to realease an album as heavy as this. This is an extremely heavy, minimalistc album indeed, and the first song has some of the heaviest, low end riffing I have ever heard. There are no vocals and only the last track has drums. With the amount of volume packed into this album, there is no more room for vocals. At times they record up to sixteen guitar tracks and 2 bass tracks, this will be the heaviest album in my collection (until the sunn 0))) album I ordered arrives, it will even give that a run for it's money).

This album starts off with the track Seven Angels, 15 minutes of complete doom. It consists of about five, extremely heavy, slowed down, distorted sabbath-influenced riffs. Possibly the best and most listenable song on the album. 10/10

The next track; Teeth Of Lions Rule The Divine goes for 27 minutes and is far more minimalistic. Most of the riffage is lost in feedback and distortion and goes nowhere. This song has one or two very memorable riffs, and it is worth waiting through about 15 minutes of feedback and riffless chunking (somehow still manages to be awesome) to get to them. 10/10

The Final track; Like Gold And Faceted is the longest and least interesting song on the album. The entire song is just low end buzzing and feedback allthough, every now and the you can make out drumming and distant guitar tunes. This song goes for half an hour and is strangely mellow. 8/10

Overall this album scores a 10/10, allthough this will not appeal to everybody, reccomended for fans of doom metal and Earth's other work

Tehhaxorr
The Devils Advocate

Post by Tehhaxorr »

Hahahah awesome review, i need to borrow that CD from you.
"I am the Black Wizard"