Tool - 10,000 days

CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

Imbalance
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Imbalance »

I was a huge critic of 10,000 Days when it first came out. I simply didn't like it. But after having listened to it for a while it has really grown on me. People need to throw away their predispositions on what the album SHOULD sound like, and listen to what is actually there. It is by no small feat as good as the older albums. But tool cannot simply keep producing the same style every single time, not only do labels require change, but i feel tool felt like a change also. The music is still great and everyone should be happy with tool for bringing out a new album, they could have simply chosen to end it and call it done with Lateralus but they didn't. Just think about it from the bands point of view for a while.

dc
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by dc »

Good album.

But how about the warning about the stereophonic glasses?

"Use of these lenses for any other purposes is not recommended and shall not result in any liability to Volcano, Sony BMG or Tool"

Sad really.

1-3-8
Stagg
Stagg

Post by 1-3-8 »

yeah, I should probably get it, as I like tool,
I wouldn't call their songs very long though, the longest Tool song is under 20 minutes, pretty good stuff though, allthough I wouldn't call it very "dark".

caskin8a
Stagg
Stagg

Post by caskin8a »

i havent really listened to much of their stuff
not a bad album though
thought the glasses were very cool.

andros
Stagg
Stagg

Post by andros »

im enjoying the new album, much more like the older stuff.. too many people were expecting a "lateralus 2" :roll: but yeah overall good album, and the pictures through the glasses are triiiiippy :lol:
She loves you.
She hates you.

Either way, you've got a song.

the_6th_sleep

Post by the_6th_sleep »

I was there at midnight at sounds on queen street when the album came out and got myself a copy right away, didnt' care how much it was. I've been listening to the whole album at least once the whole way through everyday since i got it. Trying to learn some of the bass parts now.

My favourite part of the whole album is during Roseta Stoned 7:04 - 8:13 and the parts that follow too. Mental Bliss.