Moderator: Capt. Black

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Harmonica Masters of New Zealand

Post by Rog »

Several of us are very fortunate indeed to have won one of these CDs.

If you like the sounds of Paul Butterfield, Loving Spoonful, Tom Rush, Al Kooper etc - you will LOVE this CD. That doesn't mean it sounds just like these guys, but there are some beautifully reminiscent sounds in there for me. Those were some of the modern blues musos whose work I loved back in the day. I can hear some Dr John influence in there, too. Great stuff!!

Its a who's who of NZ's best of the genre.

I don't play favourites, but there are some outstanding tracks on this album, with some totally excellent musicians doing their stuff, including of course our own brilliant Darcy Perry who in one song strongly reminds me of Dave Dobbyn (sorry Darcy - but that's a compliment, mate).

Rog's recommendation is easy - go and buy this CD and take a listen to some bloody good Kiwi-style music. If you're just wanting guitar shredding - look elsewhere. If you enjoy a great musical feel and blues, this should be on your Xmas list.

Rog
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

STRAYFALCON
Stagg
Stagg

:-)

Post by STRAYFALCON »

yup I certainly do have a copy of this CD and its a must have people, absolutely brilliant

STRAYFALCON

Carnage
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Carnage »

I agree. it's fantastic.

Very strange thing. My harmonica and cd arrived last week, which surprised me how fast they sent it.
I've just arrived home from work and checked the mail...

AND...

lo and behold they've sent me another one!
Now, I'm pretty damn sure I only entered the comp once... so either they were feeling very generous, or someone has screwed up.

I'm thinking that a spare harp could be handy (if I ever learn to play more than 'when the saints go marching in')... but 2 CD's would be a bit greedy, SO...
If anyone wants a copy, make a bid here and whoever's leading as of 8pm tomorrow (Tuesday), can pay the cash to BG towards the forum costs and I'll cover the postage and send it.... Any takers?

bjocque
Stagg
Stagg

Post by bjocque »

just won a copy from tvnz (cheers guys, might start paying my tv licence nowadase eh) halfway through the album and its kickin, love it,

i think i'm retiring my beau jocque cd's and re-breaking out the alligator labels ...... 8)

Rog

Post by Rog »

nutting wrong wid dat swamp music y'all!!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Carnage wrote:I agree. it's fantastic.

Very strange thing. My harmonica and cd arrived last week, which surprised me how fast they sent it.
I've just arrived home from work and checked the mail...

AND...

lo and behold they've sent me another one!
Now, I'm pretty damn sure I only entered the comp once... so either they were feeling very generous, or someone has screwed up.

I'm thinking that a spare harp could be handy (if I ever learn to play more than 'when the saints go marching in')... but 2 CD's would be a bit greedy, SO...
If anyone wants a copy, make a bid here and whoever's leading as of 8pm tomorrow (Tuesday), can pay the cash to BG towards the forum costs and I'll cover the postage and send it.... Any takers?
nobody won then :(
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Carnage
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Carnage »

Severe lack of interest!

I ended up giving it away :roll:

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Wow, perhaps I shoulda entered! :wink:
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

I know I should have....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Rog

Post by Rog »

I'm secretly thinking that Darcy chose who got them and picked forum members....

bjocque
Stagg
Stagg

Post by bjocque »

and Te Kuiti refuegees (?) :?