Pickups, Pots, Caps, Wiring

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

porkpie
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Bigsby mod

Post by porkpie »

Hallo, im thinking i want to wack a sodding great Bigsby on my newly aquired 335 knock off, it had a trapeze tailpiece at some time and has been converted to a stop tailpiece and now, if i can find one, id like to screw a Bigsby on.
Does anyone have one they want to sell?? I think i need the B7 model but im not really that sure....
1964 Epiphone Newport
1974 Kasuga ES335
1982 Greco Flying V
1984 Tokai Hard Puncher
1999 Epiphone Japan LP
2015 Epiphone Sheraton Union Jack

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

I can sort out a new Bigsby B3 for you at about $160. A new B7 would be about twice that for some unknown reason. The only difference between them is the shape of the tail mount, which makes no difference if the guitar hasn't already had holes drilled into the tailblock.

Personally I think Bigsbys are horrible, but there's no denying the coolness factor! ;)

PM me if you're interested.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

porkpie
Stagg
Stagg

bigsby

Post by porkpie »

Thanks Ash,
ive been searching Ebay and a Bigsby B70 is pretty cheap, like $77US, i might just get one of those. apparently the B3 is incorrect for a 335 type guitar with a fixed tuneomatic bridge, the B7 has an extra roller bar thingy to get the correct string angle across the bridge.

Theres a couple of local guitar repairers here who ill call first, they might have an old used one laying about. never know! :)
1964 Epiphone Newport
1974 Kasuga ES335
1982 Greco Flying V
1984 Tokai Hard Puncher
1999 Epiphone Japan LP
2015 Epiphone Sheraton Union Jack

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

always worth a try first!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.