Bits to make the yamaha go aren't here yet, but I did sorta fix the case ... I'll post that later. Number 8 wire as fuck.
Something else rolled into the shed though, so yesterday I pulled it apart (idiot, good job taking before pictures) and today I fuckin got stuck in as.
It's an old sonic branded sort of jazz bass copy, in dinged up, uncared for black metallic
... And as you can see, it's covered in muck of the nth degree.
"made in china" sticker?
No scarf, and the neck is made of a very nice piece of maple. Weird; I remember these being about the 399 mark when they were new (in 2004).
Skunk stripe is well done, and somehow the neck is dinged.
Has a shim here???? Also has 03 at the start of whatever the hell this number is, so probably about an '03 model.
Here's the body with half its guts hangin out. I ended up popping it all out and rewiring half of it but I'll get to that.
I don't know what this was but it took fuelite and meths to get it off... The gunk on here was horrendous.
Nice supermarket scratch here (???) How the fuck do people let their stuff get like this?
Someone kerbed it???
Look at all the shit on the body around the bridge... urf.
More bloody nicks in it
I am not the first to be in here, by the looks of things.
Another teeny wee shim here too. Couldn't see any more numbers.
More hardware all covered in fart.
I ended up sanding most of the fretboard yuck off with the scouring pad thing. It worked quite well.
Someone call Ainslie Harriot... Because it's time to oil up
Got my soft brush on the 'board too, scrubbed the remainder of the shit off, amongst more globules of lemon oil.
This is uhh... This is actually a really nice neck.
Found the silver polish and gave the frets a buff up on the ol' grinder. Shit that worked well.
Pretty sure the last of my lemon oil went into this neck after I fuckin spilt it all the other week, dickhead
. Good whacking thing of rosewood on a cheap guitar.
Now back to ... Making it look good.
The quality of wood is on par with my tele.
The girl asked what I was doing, so I sent these.
I think I must've neglected to take pictures of waxing the neck n' shit; the above will be post- polish. The following are post- "final buff".
Look at the sheen!!
Some weird ass impact mark I couldn't quite buff out, but I've minimised it ok.
Found this dudes jacket on the bench. Must've outgrown it in the night.
These pickups have super strong magnets in them. Like, mental strong.
I know, I know - It'll be your turn soon.
I couldn't cut the dings out, so I went for the scouring pad treatment on the body.
Oops ... Dick.
Buffed it and buffed it and still this faggotty RRRRGH fuckup thing was here.
So while I'd basically had enough of that
I went to buffing up the hardware on the grinder - Tuners before and after.
Guess I got carried away and sorted all that out, as well as devising a method to a far more even finish.
WAX ON, BITCHES.
Tuners back on while that's all drying . . . .
Ahh... Fuck. Ok.
The wiring was some weird crap variant of something, so I went OG jazz bass wiring on it. Hopefully my man on the inside comes through with a bunch of caps so I can attempt some weird shit.
Added more grounds and put it all back together.
So it's mostly together - Need to do my old housewife string refresh trick and it should be good to roll by tomorrow evening. Got a fair whack of other shit to do first but nothing extraordinary.
I think the body came up pretty good. Speed knobs added cuz one of the faggy sonic ones fucked off from the grinder and I've got no idea where it went ahahaha
Weird metallic fleck in it.
That's all for now.