Pickups, Pots, Caps, Wiring

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

the problem being when you've removed enough of the poly that the router no longer has a flat surface to rest on, thats when you no longer end up with a nice flat surface, but one with gouges as the router starts to tip over. It would be better with a full sized router with a large extended base (probably made from plastic) which would run up and down 'guide rails' either side of the body. Thus ensuring the router remained perpendicular to the guitar body at all times.

I know what I mean anyway :p
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

ash wrote:I like black strats with a white pearl or w/b/w pickguard. The first electric guitar I remember seeing as a 12 year old was just such a beast. Also with Clapton + Blackie being such an iconic combination, that colour combo screams STRAT to me.

Red Fred, you need to soak the 1000 grit sandpaper in water for a few minutes before you use it and keep the surface damp while you sand. The water lubricates it and washes away the dust before it sticks to the abrasive. You can only use it dry on certain materials.
Yeah I thought about going wet and dry but thought the water might soak into the wood via the neck pocket, should I tape this area?

Sicklehut
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Sicklehut »

Red Fred wrote:
Sicklehut wrote:Lots of patience and perseverence 8)
Buy this do you mean buy more sandpaper?
Lots of it .. but that was all I used and I got the whole guitar down to the wood ... mind you I seem to recall taking a whole week of my summer holiday doing it ... but I was spending it in Hawera .. so there was really nothing else to do ... :D
I woke up this morning and said to myself
Self what a great day it is for Rock and Roll ...

Sicklehut
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Sicklehut »

Red Fred wrote:
ash wrote:I like black strats with a white pearl or w/b/w pickguard. The first electric guitar I remember seeing as a 12 year old was just such a beast. Also with Clapton + Blackie being such an iconic combination, that colour combo screams STRAT to me.

Red Fred, you need to soak the 1000 grit sandpaper in water for a few minutes before you use it and keep the surface damp while you sand. The water lubricates it and washes away the dust before it sticks to the abrasive. You can only use it dry on certain materials.
Yeah I thought about going wet and dry but thought the water might soak into the wood via the neck pocket, should I tape this area?
I went for the Black strat within a few weeks of seeing Clapton playing live ... and of course Blackie ... but like Rog says .. I think there are a few strat colours that just doesnt look right .... pewter is the other ... hmmm .. nothing beats a sunburst strat these days :D
I woke up this morning and said to myself
Self what a great day it is for Rock and Roll ...

artyone
Stagg
Stagg

Post by artyone »

Yup,I can burr a scraper but I do like the idea of the heat gun and had kinda even thought about firing up the oxy acetylene and seeing if quick bursts would bubble it up and make it brittle as through years of welding in confined and wood filled places I've,on the odd occasion,glanced the flame accross clear coated odds and ends and had that effect occur but...and this is a big but...it could quite possibly backfire.Actually I have a bit that I cut out of the back,I so hate rewiring semi hollows without holes in the back,I'll see if I can find it and do some experimenting.I'll start with the heat gun and see how it goes.
Then I'm going to stain it purple or green or orange.I love secondary colours!
Alnico at both ends and as little silicon in between as you can get away with.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

> Then I'm going to stain it purple or green or orange.I love secondary colours!

SECONDARY? SECONDARY?
Purple is the PRIME colour!! :twisted:
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...