Re: Best Active Metal Pickups?

Post by war-wolf »

it has a kahler,which does both. :D

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

what is 'active metal' anyway? is it kinda like jazzercise? :P
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

war-wolf wrote:
slash-ed wrote:
I thought you were happy with your two chunky-necked monsters left?? I think you need to just give the Nailbomb set to me... :lol:

What sorta gat you looking for now? Hmm, I wonder how my incoming Singlecut would look/sound with a Nailbomb set :twisted:
i'm still after another voodoo,although i wouldn't change the p/u's-maybe a vintage mock when my acc money comes through:) i have a set of warpigs in the moser-which are bareknuckles"metal" p/u's,i wasn't expecting the nail bombs to sound similar...although the BNP website suggests they're a step down from the warpig.
hippy01 wrote: its mean as, as it is..
so what was the question again?you alraedy have hot p/u's-running an amp with only one control that you like and won't change AND using a pedal(which was?) AND you have no money.....ive owned a VJ before,pumping a shitload of gain into it is all fine but as soon as the dial goes above 4 your getting major power tube dirt and a mud bath,geez it's only 5 watts,give the wee fella a break.sorry to sound harsh,but your tryin to get a 10 sec quarter mile from a morry minor :D
Vintage Mock? Ahhh you barstard. Almost worth having the accident then? :P
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

war-wolf
Gibson

Post by war-wolf »

oh for sure,no real downside to it yet,perhaps that will be when the bandage comes off.... :D

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 457 times
Been liked: 412 times

Post by dayl »

I'll be getting some blackouts for my RG when I get around to putting it back together.

The reviews, sound slips not to mention general buzz has swayed me towards them instead of the EMG's which I have had plenty of time with. No complaints with the EMG's though except that I'm not too keen on an 81 in the bridge..all 85!

Its whats best for you at the end of the day and imoho you really cant go wrong with either as they are both dope.

I'm getting mine off the bay.

Dino Cazares used them on the Devine Heresy album. To see them in action.
http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=vSDOP6OqP ... re=related
and
http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=64Ipg5S4V ... re=related