New floyd rose trem.

Post by zedhed71 »

dylan
Gibson
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: New floyd rose trem.

Post by dylan »

I guess you will have to get one and try on one of your strats? Googling it led me to much "hardtail vs trem strat tone". Belated merry xmas!
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

These look pretty cool, I had thought about bastardising my mexi strat with one of these, depending on price. Either that or the Callaham trem upgrade.
Loving it so far

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

StratMatt88 wrote:These look pretty cool, I had thought about bastardising my mexi strat with one of these, depending on price. Either that or the Callaham trem upgrade.
you can guarantee they will be "over" priced (but I am a cheap ass). I think they look awesome
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

yep...the internet is so full of wankers. For me I can't understand why people try to get a trem guitar to sound like a hardtail :eh: A guitar with a trem be it vtrem or floyd has a built in reverb tank right there in the body, it has a big chunk of wood taken out so even if you use a big thick plank of wood for the body it will not sound like a les paul...put a floyd in a les paul and it will sound different (and better ymmv) to a "normal" les paul, get over it you "real guitar players" :rofl:

the whole point of having guitars that are built differently is so we can own many many guitars....which in my books is great, the more the merrier :thumbup:

dylan
Gibson
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by dylan »

From reading the "hard tail vs blocked off vs trem" posts im wondering if i should try to find the springs / clip i pulled out of mine decades ago. Want more treble, the (unknown model) dimarzios im using are too mellow.
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

willow13 wrote:
StratMatt88 wrote:These look pretty cool, I had thought about bastardising my mexi strat with one of these, depending on price. Either that or the Callaham trem upgrade.
you can guarantee they will be "over" priced
No doubt! I have to agree with one of the comments of that article though: "what's the point of a dive only trem?" I have that with my JS and it's kind of a waste of time. I like being able to vibrato the note/chord.
Loving it so far

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Yeah if its dive only its doing only half a job...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

StratMatt88 wrote:
willow13 wrote:
you can guarantee they will be "over" priced
No doubt! I have to agree with one of the comments of that article though: "what's the point of a dive only trem?" I have that with my JS and it's kind of a waste of time. I like being able to vibrato the note/chord.
Dive only on a strat is fine though isn't it?? now if its a proper floyd then yeah got to be able to have a good pull of the bar :rofl: