Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 966 times

Re: Pickup advice - Bridge HB

Post by Conway »

MrDINO wrote:
Conway wrote:Yes, worth venturing out into the countryside to crank that sucker! I must say it did sound bloody good at that volume. Will have to take my new Lonestar out there soon...
A mate of mine has a lonestar single 12 combo...it sounds great with his C22 and Tele so I'm picking a great around amp.
It's been with Ryan practically since I got it, waiting for his transformer guy to do the power transformer rewind. 4 weeks tomorrow. I'm starting to go a bit stir crazy to play the thing!
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 741 times
Been liked: 512 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Basket Case wrote:Try a 250k pot or pots with the HB. It will warm it up.
How noticeable is the difference if you change from 500k to 250k pots with humbuckers? Also does it change anything if the pot is all the way up on 10?

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

seems to be a bit of haterade toward the old Gibson 300k pots for humbuckers. might be a good place to start.

although I do like the Alnico ii in bridge position. I have one on my strat in that position.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 845 times
Been liked: 359 times

Post by jimi »

I dropped it just a couple of twists, and happier with it. Haven't given it a proper go with the band yet though.