Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Replacing the Allen Bolts on an Edge Bridge

Post by Bg »

dayl wrote:Cheers guys. Yeah I've found a few local places and will check out blacks also. I can seem to find the specs of the bolts. If a fixed edge 3. Not sure if it would have changed from the original edge. I'll just have to take a couple in when I go to change them.
I'm thinking either 3mm or 4mm, not sure from memory
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Replacing the Allen Bolts on an Edge Bridge

Post by Molly »

Bg wrote:
Molly wrote:My youthful locking-trem memories are strewn with pictures of stripped and crossed threads and ham-fisted, wrong size allen key holes that rounded so quickly you'd think they were made of cheese.

I have similar memories from working on Suzuki motorbikes. Same brand of cheese.
Yep, some jap bikes had bolts made of lead, got sick of swapping them for proper cheese head allen bolts
Had a summer job once at a grey importer. Used to have to strip the carbs off nearly every bike to clean-out the gunked-up jets. Honda were a dream to work on. Everything just went right back where it came from. Suzuki were a c**t of the highest order.