Compensated Tele saddles are dead good an' that...

Pickups, Pots, Caps, Wiring

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Compensated Tele saddles are dead good an' that...

Post by Molly »

Mathew from Tone Lounge (and this forum) very kindly sent me a set of compensated saddles gratis. I did try to pay him but he was havin' none of it!

So, should at least say that the set he sent are feckin' great. Only one pair of strings had to be in a compromise position (one a squdge sharp and the other a squidge flat) and it was by such a tiny degree I can't even tell. Guitar sounds brighter and more like a Tele (if that makes sense). Definite improvement on the steel 'threaded' type that it came with. It's a '64 AVRI by the way.

Thanks Mathew.

For the keen eyed that noticed the non-original pickup, that's a Suhr T in there. Wasn't too keen when it was in the maple neck Tele but like it in this. Output is better matched to the neck pickup than the stock one was.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1294 times

Re: Compensated Tele saddles are dead good an' that...

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Yes, excellent piece of kit

Glacial Pace
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Glacial Pace »

Very nice. It would be one of the first things I'd do to that Tele too.

vintage52
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 363 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by vintage52 »

Molly wrote:Mathew from Tone Lounge (and this forum) very kindly sent me a set of compensated saddles gratis. I did try to pay him but he was havin' none of it!

So, should at least say that the set he sent are feckin' great. Only one pair of strings had to be in a compromise position (one a squdge sharp and the other a squidge flat) and it was by such a tiny degree I can't even tell. Guitar sounds brighter and more like a Tele (if that makes sense). Definite improvement on the steel 'threaded' type that it came with. It's a '64 AVRI by the way.

Thanks Mathew.

For the keen eyed that noticed the non-original pickup, that's a Suhr T in there. Wasn't too keen when it was in the maple neck Tele but like it in this. Output is better matched to the neck pickup than the stock one was.
Have been thinking of trying out some on my 52 AVRI.

Already has brass and have oft wondered what the compensated would be like.

Nice close up shot too by the way.
Wellington

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

put the Wilkinson ones on my '62 Custom Jap straight away. The stainless steel ones were... not great.
Thinking about swapping the pickups too. There's really nothing wrong with these ones I'm just getting restless haha
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks