griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Just got a blend pot put in my strat... wow

Post by griff »

I should've done this sooner. Mexi strat, blend pot between the neck and Pearly gates HB in the bridge.
Takes all the piercing frequencies out of the HB without losing definition, and adds FATNESS!
I also added a tonerider Hot Classic in the neck too. And now a universal tone control.
I can leave the EQ on the amp set now and do most of my EQ'ing on the strat.
In love.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Re: Just got a blend pot put in my strat... wow

Post by Reg18 »

Great result! Sometimes the smallest cheapest tweaks can be the difference between keeping a guitar or selling....even more so than changing pickups sometimes.
I've done a similar thing on my Tele with 3 pickups. 5 way switch with a blend pot to add some neck pickup when I'm in the bridge position, just takes the harshness out a bit. Works very well.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

That's great to hear -
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

Reg18 wrote:Great result! Sometimes the smallest cheapest tweaks can be the difference between keeping a guitar or selling....even more so than changing pickups sometimes.
I've done a similar thing on my Tele with 3 pickups. 5 way switch with a blend pot to add some neck pickup when I'm in the bridge position, just takes the harshness out a bit. Works very well.
It's funny you say that cause I actually thought of getting a new Pickup, but I wont now. Did you mod it yourself?

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

I got one on my strat and it certainly makes a difference

http://www.nzguitars.com/forum/viewtopi ... it#p704688
:mental:

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

griff7628 wrote:
Reg18 wrote:Great result! Sometimes the smallest cheapest tweaks can be the difference between keeping a guitar or selling....even more so than changing pickups sometimes.
It's funny you say that cause I actually thought of getting a new Pickup, but I wont now. Did you mod it yourself?
Just found a diagram on google but was a bit of trail and error as well, I'm no expert that's for sure!

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

Yeah I just found one I thought was legit through google too. My guitar tech had never done one before so it was a bit hit and miss. But man I'm so happy the way it's turned out. Can't wait to record some new tones with it!
It also essentially means I can turn up a bit louder at gigs without taking peoples heads off haha