Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Brenner Piezo One...

Post by Bg »

Been wanting some piezo goodness for awhile, I'm not fussy about acoustic tones and the katana has an acoustic channel!
Seriously though, my black strat is my one size fixes all guitar.

It has fender noiseless in neck and middle, and a cool rails in the bridge. It usually lives with a tripleplay strapped to it.

Its a mahogany bodie strat body that I made, and its black nitro. The neck is something special again, its a warmoth I believe with the hex adjustment on the side of the heel. Recently refretted, by myself, with medium wire.

The bridge is a wilkinson wave and I had to modify it for the piezo unit.
I believe it would have gone straight into a standard fender bridge - but I had to chop a bit from the side and make bigger mounting holes on the wilky, no stress - I'm an engineer!

The one thing that struck me straight away is, fixed intonation and only three points for height adjustment. Fixed intonation shouldn't be a biggie, the saddles are offset.

But I like to flatten my bridge rather than going for a radiused approach... Checking it with a straight edge, it is flat so some won't like! pics to come if anyone wants?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Re: Brenner Piezo One...

Post by Conway »

Yes plz.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

No problem dude. I'm fitting it as a push push control on my back tone control. Was going to do a mini toggle a la prs, but found this push push in the parts bin. If its a standard sort of strat bridge you won't need a hacksaw.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

PicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspics!!!!!!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Slowy wrote:PicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspics!!!!!!
Spics???????
:mental:

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Olderama wrote:
Slowy wrote:PicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspicsPicspicspicspicspicspics!!!!!!
Spics???????
Yeah. Thems too.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

so here is the pic of the mod I had to do to the wilkinson . Have tested it works but needs stringing and action setup and intonation etc....

It looks better when not in extreme closeup!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Sexy looking piece of kit!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

ok, how does it sound? Well its hardly ever going to sound like a high end acoustic, but its close enough for me ;) Having just spent a happy 10 mins jamming out Wish You Were Here, I'm liking it.
Sounds good enough through the Katana's acoustic channel. And this is with no preamp, just direct in. Will box the fishman preamp I have out of an ovation chinese jobbie I have lying around in the basement, and try that.
Would I recommend? It depends what you're after, if you want acoustic tone without changing guitars mid set then yes. I wanted an all in one solution for the strat - so I can do single coil, humbucker, synth with the triple play and now acoustic too. One size fits all ;)

Oh and the price, I got this second hand from Craig Kloppsta - for 80 bucks I think, new they're USD65 so they're not going to break even a piggy bank.

Would have been easier to fit on a standard strat bridge, but even then it was hardly a mission. hardest bit was wiring up to the tiny push-push pot lugs, jeesus nearly had to break out the magnifying light!

missus is out so its time to play some more ;)