Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Wiring Diagram help

Post by Slowy »

I've found some S.D. diagrams but I'm not sure I've got the right one.
Here's what I want to do.

Strat 5way with volume and one tone.
Pickups are all Seymour Duncan.
Lil59 in neck and bridge and a Duckbucker in the middle.

Wanting Humbucker neck and bridge, out of phase noise cancelling position 2 & 4 and position 3 as it comes.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Re: Wiring Diagram help

Post by Single coil »

Pretty sure there’s one for tapped singles or some such thing. Two wires from each will be soldered and taped. Nothing super out of the ordinary.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

I'm the last person to offer advice on this, but being humbuckers, do you need noise cancelling? as each pickup already has two coils. To get the out of phase sounds in positions 2 and 4, could you use a normal strat wiring diagram and reverse the leads on the middle pickup.

I remember Adian say that If you have got three humbuckers, you can use one of those 5 way super switches, and get a whole heaps of different sounds. You could go even further and use some push-pulls. Could be very painful to wire up though.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

AiRdAd wrote:I'm the last person to offer advice on this, but being humbuckers, do you need noise cancelling? as each pickup already has two coils. To get the out of phase sounds in positions 2 and 4, could you use a normal strat wiring diagram and reverse the leads on the middle pickup.

I remember Adian say that If you have got three humbuckers, you can use one of those 5 way super switches, and get a whole heaps of different sounds. You could go even further and use some push-pulls. Could be very painful to wire up though.
Think you're right about the out of phase positions. I was just trying to be clear that I wanted some quack rather than a humbucker with spaced coils. Never played with triple humbuckers before so I want to start simple. In time knowing me, I'll find some weird combination but not now.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

If you're really liking the guitar and liking the pickups, it might be worth investing in one of those fancy 5 way switches, a couple of push-pulls, and blackmailing BG to wire them up for you. It'd be less than 50 dollars in parts, and most likely well worth the trouble.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

heh, get the switch and ply me with a bottle of sauv, job's done :) bring it with you next weekend.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

AiRdAd wrote:If you're really liking the guitar and liking the pickups, it might be worth investing in one of those fancy 5 way switches, a couple of push-pulls, and blackmailing BG to wire them up for you. It'd be less than 50 dollars in parts, and most likely well worth the trouble.
What's a fancy 5 way switch?

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote:heh, get the switch and ply me with a bottle of sauv, job's done :) bring it with you next weekend.
This sounds so much better than my DIY idea.
Sod the fact that I just spent $130 on a new soldering station.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote:
Bg wrote:heh, get the switch and ply me with a bottle of sauv, job's done :) bring it with you next weekend.
This sounds so much better than my DIY idea.
bring it round and I'll use it...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote: This sounds so much better than my DIY idea.
Wondered what that was. Now I want one. :-)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote:
I have 3 soldering irons. They are all either too big, too small or too powerful for almost every job I do. The station is temperature controlled and physically small. No idea why I didn't buy one years ago!

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote:
Molly wrote:
I have 3 soldering irons. They are all either too big, too small or too powerful for almost every job I do. The station is temperature controlled and physically small. No idea why I didn't buy one years ago!
I have a favourite iron that I should take better care of. Not one of these:

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Slowy wrote:ut the out of phase positions. I was just trying to be clear that I wanted some quack
surely the duckbucker will have a little bit of quack :rofl: ... I have always wanted one just because of the name
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

i think you could do this with a 5 way super switcher which is just a standard 5 way selector but with 2 sets of connectors.
I have a 3 pickup Tele which I put a standard 5 way switcher (Strat type setup) in and added a little seperate switch to select bridge and neck together to get my middle position sound still. You could probably do it with a push/pull switch or a tbx tone control too.

This looks like it might do what you want
http://tonelounge.co.nz/pro-series-oak- ... terminals/